Gibson Brands Forums

INCOMING!!!

SteveFord

Why am I going to get the VII?

I like the looks and the challenge of playing something difficult.  I figure it makes me a better player if I have to struggle with something, it makes all of the other ones play like buttah.  

Take the Explorer: I have the GOTW one and a 2019.  The GOTW one has a stout neck, a thicker, much heavier body and taller frets.  It's a challenge to play, especially at the upper registers as you can't really get your hand in there very well due to the thicker body.  I play that one all the time, the 2019 sits in the case.  The 2019 plays really easily.  You pick that one up and it plays like a normal guitar.  I futz around with it a little bit and go back to the GOTW monster and struggle with that some more.  Urf, I'll get it yet (maybe)...

Go figure!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I like the looks and the challenge of playing something difficult.  I figure it makes me a better player if I have to struggle with something, it makes all of the other ones play like buttah.  

Take the Explorer: I have the GOTW one and a 2019.  The GOTW one has a stout neck, a thicker, much heavier body and taller frets.  It's a challenge to play, especially at the upper registers as you can't really get your hand in there very well due to the thicker body.  I play that one all the time, the 2019 sits in the case.  The 2019 plays really easily.  You pick that one up and it plays like a normal guitar.  I futz around with it a little bit and go back to the GOTW monster and struggle with that some more.  Urf, I'll get it yet (maybe)...

Go figure!

I can respect that - rock on!

4 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Go figure!

Roger. Back when I had 13 or so guitars, I was trying to be Rick Nielsen, most just sat there unplayed. That was when I decided some should to go. Now I'm down to a uber high end one, one with 12 of those strings on it, one  nice standard model, another nice standard model that is a small body,  and one beater that I will take anywhere, and the beater is still a decent axe. For me if I don't touch it why have it.

But you are living you best life and we are just along for the ride.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

15 hours ago, sparquelito said:

My desires for a Gibson Firebird lead me in a different direction, I guess it's fair to say. 

Firebird I in Silver Mist.  Twelve hundred bones. 
I've been lusting after this one for a long time. 

😑

01.Gibson_Exclusive_Firebird_I_Electric_

Sounds like a smoking price compared to Eric's 64 Firebird I   ............. for 8k...                          And I like the tuners better.

front-banner-1600_900.png

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Roger. Back when I had 13 or so guitars, I was trying to be Rick Nielsen, most just sat there unplayed. That was when I decided some should to go. Now I'm down to a uber high end one, one with 12 of those strings on it, one  nice standard model, another nice standard model that is a small body,  and one beater that I will take anywhere, and the beater is still a decent axe. For me if I don't touch it why have it.

But you are living you best life and we are just along for the ride.

Ricky and Keith Partridge,  I loved Keith's guitars.  Mostly I was hung up on the Ventures then. 

The box showed up but evidently someone, somewhere between Canada and Pennsyltucky, really wanted it as here is what was in the box.

gCYko3O.jpg

Luckily, my pretty mail lady said that box is awfully light so I chased her down on foot and we opened it up in the middle of the street.

Sum*****.

That's a first and hopefully a last.

This came Canadian Postal Express and everything the govt does is filmed.  The only time it's not on camera is when it's actually on the road.  It shouldn't be that difficult to track down the people who actually transported it.  I can almost guarantee this happened when a truck pulled over somewhere.  Either that or it's sitting in Customs and the empty box went down a conveyor belt.

Yeah, it's insured but this is NOT the happy ending I was hoping for.

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

The box showed up but evidently someone, somewhere between Canada and Pennsyltucky, really wanted it as here is what was in the box.

gCYko3O.jpg

Luckily, my pretty mail lady said that box is awfully light so I chased her down on foot and we opened it up in the middle of the street.

Sum*****.

Holly S-hit Steve. I got no words.

10 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I feel the same way.  I didn't even get to play it (or even see if in person).  What the f word?  

My new guitar strap really doesn't fit on the box very well.

Your sure you didn't order an air guitar?

Was the box taped or did it look opened?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

37 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

The box was taped up w/ clear packing tape.

Waiting on the cops and the post office to get back in touch with me.

Hey let's put in huge letters on the box this is a 2k Gibson guitar, don't steal it, A-hole.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Wow..   unbelievable.     I guess you can't assume at any point in time your online order or ebay/reverb buy is gonna work out good.

hopefully they find out who did that and if they work for these shipping outfits, fire them immediately. 

what a load of crap..

I have heard of things getting damaged when crossing boarders like receiving a Harley Benton from Germany seem to get beat up pretty bad. When my Stage Right  speaker grill panel  was broken I thought someone was upset because it was a Chinese built amp, but it was shipped from the warehouse in Tennessee. Now an upscale Gibson gets snatched coming from Ca-na-da. Sorry you didn't get it, that was a beautiful LP.

I was able to repair my amp, it seams to be functioning just fine with no problems. But doesn't compare to having a 2k guitar ripped off.

V5bb7mj.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

The USPS and the Canadian Post are doing their own investigations, I have a police officer coming over tomorrow to dust the plastic packing pillows for prints.  Say that 3 times fast!

All Federal Employees have to be finger printed so maybe I'll luck out.  

I may not get this particular guitar but I am more than willing to prosecute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On August 19, 2020 at 7:56 PM, SteveFord said:

The USPS and the Canadian Post are doing their own investigations, I have a police officer coming over tomorrow to dust the plastic packing pillows for prints.  Say that 3 times fast!

All Federal Employees have to be finger printed so maybe I'll luck out.  

I may not get this particular guitar but I am more than willing to prosecute.

Hope they catch the person.