Gibson Brands Forums

Guitars in action - post your photos

uncle fester

Thanks for the replies everyone...

Shout out to mihcmac, JDGM, and Tman for pictures of rockin' through the years...  each with something from the 70s.

Sparq very cool hanger shot - 

Scales - look like you've got a group of serious rockers

Merciful E - get's arts fartsy award for his first couple, the double extra kudos for the resp

BBP - another nice pic and looks like your are intensely focusing on hammering out that riff...

Anyone I missed - apologies, truly loved looking at all of these.  Here's to better days to come to allow more of these shenanigans!

--------

Notable mention to SteveFord and the vid...  LOL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't eat sweets, but as I recall, the attendees to the party reported that it was a really delicious guitar cake. 

I crafted the cake myself, after I learned that the (admittedly good-intentioned) host of the 50th birthday party had ordered a tombstone cake, and was planning to decorate in black crepe paper and all that mourning-style nonsense. 

Guitars = a celebration of life. 

😐

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 1:15 PM, sparquelito said:

I can't eat sweets, but as I recall, the attendees to the party reported that it was a really delicious guitar cake. 

I crafted the cake myself, after I learned that the (admittedly good-intentioned) host of the 50th birthday party had ordered a tombstone cake, and was planning to decorate in black crepe paper and all that mourning-style nonsense. 

Guitars = a celebration of life. 

😐

Thats a sweet looking Les Paul..

2 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Ah hell why not.  

Here is a pic of my doo wop group playing on a cruise.  The guy sitting down was having knee issues.  He left the band shortly after this gig for health reasons.   That's a Martin acoustic - I had to be the one man band for this gig. 

Emotions-Cruise-Pic.jpg

Very cool - love me a little bit of doo wop.  How come you didn't get a white jacket?

On 10/23/2020 at 6:02 AM, merciful-evans said:

Just found this one. Vinyl Frontiers at a waterside gig (Hill Head - Lee On Solent). The lady sax player stood in for Steve Masters on that occasion while he was hospitalised.

Its was a pretty location on a warm summer's day. We played a later gig there also inside the restaurant close by.

13603590_1813314192231943_74863062731359

Although your inside photo op was cool - this one is very nice, great location nice pic.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Wow, that speaker cabinet in front - one handle at the top??  Who made that monster?  

XaTQatF.jpg

That was old tech even in 71, a Bogen PA cabinet with six 8" speakers. A mixture old and new equipment was the norm for us, as I remember the Bogen cabs didn't hold up for long.

Edited by mihcmac