Gibson Brands Forums

Your favorite guitarist ever!!!

jrseriel

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it just doesn't feel right to limit it to one guitar player, I'll break it into styles of music, even though breaking things into categories--especially music--is a somewhat dubious practice:

Rock: Jimi Hendrix

Progressive Rock: David Gilmour

Jazz: Django Reinhardt (Django Video on YouTube)

Fusion: Steve Morse

, Kansas 2.0, Deep Purple 3.0)

Blues: Stevie Ray Vaughn

Studio Musician: Kevin Eubanks (The Tonight Show with Jay Leno)

Punk/Post-Punk: Bob Mould (

)

Alternative/Post-Modernist Rock: Ty Tabor (King's X)

That about does it, I guess.

cheers,

--Professor Chaos :-

That is an easy answer forme the whole reason I ever picked up a guitar was because of this guitar legend...

RANDY RHOADS

one of the best to ever play a guitar and maybe the best in my book. If you don't think so try and learn some the solo's he was shreddin back in the early 80's still to this day his stuff blows my mind how talented he was... Man just think of what he could have done if he was still with us..............

I have to say my favorite is JIMMY PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? I never would've figured that out...

Tell you what? I'll give you three guesses as to who my two favourite guitarists are...

Oh, add The Edge and Jimi Hendrix to that list as well. (I can make my favourite guitarist a 4-way tie if I want to, alright?!!!)

The trouble is that there are so many different styles and types of talent to choose from....

if we broke it all down into all its categories, we would be here all millennium.

i myself have a different favourite every time i try to think of one....

I do however think that hendrix is probably the most interesting and innovative guitar players that ever lived!

and the most important guitar player/inventor to shape the sound of modern music is..............<<DRAMATIC CHORD>>

Lester William Polsfuss

Too many good ones to only pick one. Jerry Garcia, Albert Lee, Mike Bloomfield, Duane Allman, Dickie Betts, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, Roger McGuinn, Richie Blackmore, Steven Stills, George Harrison, George Benson, Les Paul, Albert Collins, Tony Rice, Doc Watson. Depends on the mood any particular day. I can always listen to any of these guys and get a smile on my face or a woody though.

• 7 years later...

Archived