Gibson Brands Forums

Monkee farewell tour

jvi

just heard 2 of the guys are gonna tour this fall, gotta admit I loved watching the show  seeing the big vox amps and cool guitars and car.I actually think the songs were pretty good as well. I dont know if 2 out of 4 is a band but what the heck  nostalgia sells and who cant use money. Would you go ?

I watched the TV show as a kid. Zappa was on the show once and I think he may have been in the movie Head as well.

If Jimi was alive do you think he would think about opening for them again?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Two of the guys are all that's left of 'em.  Nesmith and Dolenz.  And since they too, handled a few of the vocals on Monkee's tunes in which Davey Jones didn't sing the lead, with a few well chosen musicians they might be able to pull it off. 

If Jimi was alive he might consider having THEM open for HIM!  [wink]

And yes, SARGE.....   Zappa was indeed in HEAD.

Whitefang

40 minutes ago, jvi said:

just heard 2 of the guys are gonna tour this fall, gotta admit I loved watching the show  seeing the big vox amps and cool guitars and car.I actually think the songs were pretty good as well. I dont know if 2 out of 4 is a band but what the heck  nostalgia sells and who cant use money. Would you go ?

No.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I would check it out if members of the Wrecking Crew were on board. 

they were the secret sauce of soooo many, good reference ghost

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brucebubs said:

I saw The Who live without Entwhistle and Moon, not the same but still very, very good.

No reason Nesmith and Dolenz can't pull it off too.

Neither of those two are Townshend and Daultry though.

10 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

He was?! How many fux did they have to bleep out?

Ah,  you like to make too many assumptions and jump to misguided conclusions.  so just COUNT THEM YOURSELF.  [wink]

So.....how many "beeps" did you count?   [laugh]

Head is a 1968 American satirical musical adventure film written and produced by Jack Nicholson and Bob Rafelson, directed by Rafelson, starring television rock group the Monkees (Davy Jones, Peter Tork, Micky Dolenz and Michael Nesmith) and distributed by Columbia Pictures.

The film featured Victor Mature as "The Big Victor"and cameo appearances by Nicholson, Teri Garr, Carol Doda, Annette Funicello, Frank Zappa, Sonny Liston, Timothy Carey, Percy Helton and Ray Nitschke.  Also appearing on screen in brief non-speaking parts are Dennis Hopper and film choreographer Toni Basil.

Edited by Brucebubs

2 minutes ago, kidblast said:

This is another pure nostalgic trip for me too.

and at my age, nostalgia as about as close as it gets to being young again! 🙂  

who are the "two"   do we know??

The two, are you talking about the Monkees Tour? Mike N. and Micky D.

14 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The two, are you talking about the Monkees Tour? Mike N. and Micky D.

thx I figured as much, (Davy Jones gone and all,) that leaves P. Tork as the odd man out??   anyway,  Nesmith did write most of that stuff if I recall correctly..