Gibson Brands Forums

Kitty Pix

badbluesplayer

Our three have no interest in my guitars. However, they have a great interest in my guitar cases.

Apparently, open, empty guitar cases make excellent beds for cats.

And there's an added benefit to me from the kitties sleeping in them. The case interior acquires an additional layer of fur padding. 

A win-win.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

Hope it's de-clawed if you're going to let it stand on your guitars!!

Hope it's not.

De-clawing is a terrible thing to do to a cat. I've had them my whole life and never considered doing it to any of them.

In our house they can scratch the $hit out of the furniture, and nobody cares.

Besides, if the Vader was declawed, how would he finger pick?

RBSinTo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have wanted a cat for a long time. 
One to let loose on the land to be a mouser, and one that will come inside every now and then when it's rainy or cold. 

The wife is having none of it. 
She claims to be allergic to cats. 

If she ever starts claiming to be allergic to guitars, I'm going to have to find her a new place to live. 

😗

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sparquelito said:

One to let loose on the land to be a mouser, and one that will come inside every now and then when it's rainy or cold. 

The wife is having none of it. 
She claims to be allergic to cats. 

If she ever starts claiming to be allergic to guitars, I'm going to have to find her a new place to live. 

😗

Sparquelito,

My entire family through my maternal grandmother is animal, especially cat lovers. We have three kitties, and our Son's family has four, and two dogs as well.

Sadly, our Daughter married a man who is not animal lover, and has an alleged allergy to cats, so she lives without any kitties. However our Son-in-Law did give in about a year ago, and they now have a dog.

As for The Lovely Missus Sparquelita, you might remind her that there are medications to combat her alleged allergy.

Or offer to help her view nice one-bedroom apartments.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

As for The Lovely Missus Sparquelita, you might remind her that there are medications to combat her alleged allergy.

Or offer to help her view nice one-bedroom apartments.

RBSinTo

There is hope to salvage this marriage. 

My wife did grieve recently when her old Dad's orange tabby Tiger passed away. 
And she is admittedly fond of the other fat cat who resides with Dad and his wife.
This would be a soft and affectionate orange and white rascal, young Scooter. 

Hope springs eternal. 

I am happy to hear that your daughter has a dog now. 
GOod show!

😃

2 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Gotta watch out that cat doesn't drag a not fully dead mouse into the house as a "tribute" to you.  My ex and I had a cat that tried dragging in all kind of still living mice or dead birds as his way of thanking us for taking care of him.  :rolleyes:

I remember all those old wives tales that friends of ours(who weren't old wives) were convinced were true and tried to warn us that having a cat( the one who went nuts just as my ex was going into labor) in the house with the baby was dangerous as they were idiotic enough to believe that BS about cats, attracted by the smell of milk or formula on the baby's breath would suck the air out of the baby's lungs and kill her! [omg]  [blink]  Good Godfrey!

NEVER in my life have I ever seen or heard of, a cat drinking liquid through a straw.  Can't be done, which means a cat would never be able to suck the air out of ANY baby.  And besides...

That same cat wound up being so protective of our daughter that only me and the ex could go anywhere near her.  Anyone else who tried to pick her up or hold her would set the cat on a hissing, spitting and growling fit and go at them with claws fully out!

Whitefang

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Gotta watch out that cat doesn't drag a not fully dead mouse into the house as a "tribute" to you.  My ex and I had a cat that tried dragging in all kind of still living mice or dead birds as his way of thanking us for taking care of him.  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

My son & daughter in law's 2 cats once brought a live squirrel into their house. It was all the more remarkable because they had to drag it through the cat flap. Once they spotted what was going on they chased the cats out of the kitchen and allowed the squirrel egress. 

2 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

My son & daughter in law's 2 cats once brought a live squirrel into their house. It was all the more remarkable because they had to drag it through the cat flap. Once they spotted what was going on they chased the cats out of the kitchen and allowed the squirrel egress. 

My small 15 pound Terrier thinks she can get squirrels. She is not fast enough, although she is fast, and has the disadvantage of not being able to climb trees,

• Like 1

To a cat, everything else is a cat, including us.  When we were young and had outdoor cats, they too would bring lizards and stuff to the porch, and pick at the door to get us to come to them.  Outdoor cats do no understand why you and your wife and your kids don't hunt.  They are showing you how and what to do.  It is just the sweetest thing, and I would squeeze them and thank them and push the half dead lizard around with them and the cats would be very happy.

Indoor cats like our most recent two have not a clue.  They didn't ever and don't bring anything to show us hunting, not even a basement bug.  In fact, they will meow at me to go down there and get that bug.

rct

• Like 4

I love watching shows about the big cats of the world. When I was a kid, cheetahs were my favorite. Just hope they (all big cats) don’t become extinct any time soon as they are becoming endangered from poachers and habitat loss. 

Here’s a fun fact… I was told that heyenas are more closely related to cats than dogs… blew my mind!

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...