Gibson Brands Forums

NCD ordered October 2021

merciful-evans

50 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Fantastic! Plus the summer is coming... There's a song for this.

nice choice! I have not heard this album before. I should have done. I've heard most of the Sanatana output.

nice choice! I have not heard this album before. I should have done. I've heard most of the Sanatana output.

Edited by merciful-evans

Congratulations - always love a new car.  Five months to wait isn't too bad these days - I waited 14 months for the last new one I got.  Enjoy.  Steering wheel on the wrong side for me, but guess that works for your neck o the woods 🙂

• Like 1

Nice.. I have been looking at the Mazdas.. Theres one called (I think) the MX5 RF which is the same car as yours but with a hard top..  Been so so tempted by it... If I didnt need the space my car has I would by one of these.

2017 Mazda MX-5 RF 2.0 160 review | Autocar

2017 Mazda MX 5 RF GT | Car review | The NRMA

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Where do you stick the Firebird case?

I had another MX5 20 years ago (mk2) and used it to gig. Strapped the amp into the passenger seat using the seatbelt and the guitar (in a gigbag) wedged in the footwell by moving the seat forwards. It worked for 4 years.

13 hours ago, Rabs said:

Nice.. I have been looking at the Mazdas.. Theres one called (I think) the MX5 RF which is the same car as yours but with a hard top..  Been so so tempted by it... If I didnt need the space my car has I would by one of these.

2017 Mazda MX-5 RF 2.0 160 review | Autocar

2017 Mazda MX 5 RF GT | Car review | The NRMA

Yes we did consider one of these. We looked at them and tried the roof out. That's when I realised it wasn't for me, because the rear window stays put (like the old Toyota MR2) so its just the middle of the roof that folds away. For me that's not not the full top down experience. 

Also tried out the Fiat 124 Spider (which is still a MX5 with sleeker body panels & a Fiat multiair engine). That was terrific, but you cant get a new one now.

th?id=OIP.eWCRllAiMrVvusvbos0GzwHaFC%26p

8 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Yes we did consider one of these. We looked at them and tried the roof out. That's when I realised it wasn't for me, because the rear window stays put (like the old Toyota MR2) so its just the middle of the roof that folds away. For me that's not not the full top down experience. 

Also tried out the Fiat 124 Spider (which is still a MX5 with sleeker body panels & a Fiat multiair engine). That was terrific, but you cant get a new one now.

th?id=OIP.eWCRllAiMrVvusvbos0GzwHaFC%26p

I went through a couple of MGA's then an MGBGT followed by a 124 Spider and a few X1/9's, my FRS didn't have the covetable option but probably just as well in my high rain environment. But I am really drawn to sleek cars that stick to the road.

sYH1BLY.jpg

I do love the styling on the MX5's, enjoy....

Edited by mihcmac

33 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I went through a couple of MGA's then an MGBGT followed by a 124 Spider and a few X1/9's, my FRS didn't have the covetable option but probably just as well in my high rain environment. But I am really drawn to sleek cars that stick to the road.

sYH1BLY.jpg

I do love the styling on the MX5's, enjoy....

That is a terrific succession of fun cars. I don't know what the roads are like in Hawaii but I imagine its a beautiful environment to drive around in.

42 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

That is a terrific succession of fun cars. I don't know what the roads are like in Hawaii but I imagine its a beautiful environment to drive around in.

Most of the small roadsters I drove in Arizona going through the mountains and desert, kind of touring with friends that liked to drive.

The Big Island does have a lot coastline to explore, which the drive in a fun car makes discovering hidden places even more enjoyable.

fCGzcNk.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2022 at 3:02 PM, Rabs said:

Nice.. I have been looking at the Mazdas.. Theres one called (I think) the MX5 RF which is the same car as yours but with a hard top..  Been so so tempted by it... If I didnt need the space my car has I would by one of these....

The MX5 RF is a retractable roof (I think).  I've got a '17 MX5 Miata, the rag top.   I love it.  It's my everyday vehicle and incredibly reliable.  

I've had a '60 Austin Healey 3000, a '65 Chevy Impala SS convertible, a '67 VW Beetle convertible, and an '80 MGB (incredibly UNreliable).  The Healey was the coolest car I ever owned.  The MX5 is the most fun car I have ever owned.  I would definitely buy another. 

• Like 1