Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson has not let me down.

Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Dave Mustaine makes music for middle class white kids who like their music scary but not too scary.  

I like a lot of their earlier stuff and would rather listen to Megadeth than ‘Tallica..

By the time Countdown to Extinction came out I was not listening to them much any more, and I was more than done with 'Tallica. People gush over Metallica (aka The Black Album). I found it to be a bore. And then they just kept getting worse IMHO. If you want a band to cover a song and destroy it (and not in a good way) let 'Tallica cover it. Their Whiskey In The Jar is so bad, Phil Lynott should come back from the grave and smack all of them. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I never said Dave never played one. He’s just not who comes to mind when I think acoustic guitars. CSN+Y, John Martyn, Nick Drake, Page, Dylan and a ton of others, just not him. 

And I never said you said he never played acoustic..  It wasnt a post aimed at you..  Did you watch the first video???   If not do and then maybe you will see why I posted it. I just thought it was amusing that it was the first video that comes up in a search.. Not exactly an acoustic ambassador.

The second video I posted as the one he is playing isnt the one they just released.

Edited by Rabs

3 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

So its the offspring of a Explorer & a Firebird?!

Or a Explorer and a Hummingbird?

I think Explorer body and Firebird neck, at least that’s what the pic looked like.

Rudi don’t give Gibson any new ideas they might try an electric with an acoustic neck.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper