Gibson Brands Forums

Hot Dogs

Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, kidblast said:

I like em with some good mustard, some hot relish and banana peppers.. buttered/toasted roll almost a must

(how'd I do?)

Kraut with spicy mustard on a Martin's (no relation to the guitar maker) potato long roll. And sometimes a slice of swiss cheese under the kraut, so it gets good and melty.

When I was a kid I put mayonnaise on hot dogs. Why? I can't say, I was a kid.

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Kraut with spicy mustard on a Martin's (no relation to the guitar maker) potato long roll. And sometimes a slice of swiss cheese under the kraut, so it gets good and melty.

When I was a kid I put mayonnaise on hot dogs. Why? I can't say, I was a kid.

oh yea,  Krauts w/Cheese  beats the pants off a hot dog any day!   Mayo on a hot dog,,,..  np  anything but Ketchup! 

A Chicago dog is really good. I had a few when I was in Great Lakes when I was in The Navy. 

It has an all beef hotdog, sport peppers, bright green relish, tomatoes, onions, pickle spear, yellow mustard on a poppy seed roll. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

14 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

Ok. Boiled? Baked? or Grilled?

Boiled for me.

I boil when it's with mac n cheese. Nuke them if I want something quick. I do love to throw a pile on the gas grill and burn the sh out of them.

As to toppings, there is no wrong. I'm content with a piece of bread and some ketchup. But I will take them loaded too. There is no wrong.

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

I boil when it's with mac n cheese. Nuke them if I want something quick. I do love to throw a pile on the gas grill and burn the sh out of them.

As to toppings, there is no wrong. I'm content with a piece of bread and some ketchup. But I will take them loaded too. There is no wrong.

I'm with...  I just can't do the ketchup thing.  I dunno,, the combo with the dog and the ketchup  just don't work for the taste buds.  then there's my wife,   she occasionally puts ketchup on scrambled eggs..  🤢

22 minutes ago, duane v said:

I'm a Bratwurst fella..... Add mustard, red onions, chopped serrano chilis and a sprinkle of pepper jack cheese.... and of course a sourdough bun..... And it's all love. 

I live next to a guy from Wisconsin and he showed me how to do Bratz right. Ain't no good sourdough except in the Bay Area. I love sourdough and grew up there. And whenever I have sourdough that is not from the Bay Area its decent, but can't compare.

I like hot dogs of all kinds.  Usually with mustard and relish.  Sometimes with onions.  I also enjoy Chicago dogs, but they’re hard to come by around here.  I also like bacon-wrapped hot dogs.  

As far as other toppings, my wife puts mayonnaise on her hot dogs.  Definitely not for me.  And as far as putting ketchup on a hot dog, I am a follower of a true American:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Lightly toasted “good” bun; then regular yellow mustard, then sweet relish and sauerkraut drained of the juice,   Hebrew National grilled.   The REAL  5 food groups! 

The 5 food groups are, beer, scotch, cheese, chocolate and bread.