Gibson Brands Forums

Thing You Don’t Get

Sgt. Pepper

11 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Toto.

I know some people love and revere them but I couldn't dig it at all.....great musicians playing MOR syrupy pop with no balls.

but.. but..

they blessed the rains down in Africa and all....  c'mon -- that's gotta get ya somewhere......  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kidblast said:

but.. but..

they blessed the rains down in Africa and all....  c'mon -- that's gotta get ya somewhere......  

I know, I know....and Rabs posted a youtube analysis of it.   But it's bland to me.  Now I'm old I like some bland stuff but not that!

They played "Rosanna" to Cliff Richard and he loved it.   They played it to Rosanna Arquette (who it is about) and she hated it, said it sucked.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jdgm said:

I know, I know....and Rabs posted a youtube analysis of it.   But it's bland to me.  Now I'm old I like some bland stuff but not that!

They played "Rosanna" to Cliff Richard and he loved it.   They played it to Rosanna Arquette (who it is about) and she hated it, said it sucked.

LOL!!!!

I don't mind some of their stuff,  tho, I've never bought an album/cd or concert ticket...  and--- come to think of it, I don't even have them on my spotify..  so there is that..

48 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Ditto on Tool. I’d rather listen to Radiohead - who I do not like either. 

I've tried to like Tool cuz my son loves them,  I  even let him drag me to one of their concerts. 

Nope.......  not interested.

7 hours ago, kidblast said:

I've tried to like Tool cuz my son loves them,  I  even let him drag me to one of their concerts. 

Nope.......  not interested.

At least you tried haha! Like sgt said, Lateralus was his cutoff. I think I only liked undertow, but all the other albums - even earlier - I just didn’t get too inspired by them. The one song I liked that they did was called Prison Sex. I don’t get into the aforementioned activity though, nor have I been in prison haha!

Good song, but a lot of their songs aren’t in that groove like PS. 

Very strange video, interesting groove. 

Edited by NighthawkChris

37 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

At least you tried haha! Like sgt said, Lateralus was his cutoff. I think I only liked undertow, but all the other albums - even earlier - I just didn’t get too inspired by them. The one song I liked that they did was called Prison Sex. I don’t get into the aforementioned activity though, nor have I been in prison haha!

Good song, but a lot of their songs aren’t in that groove like PS. 

Very strange video, interesting groove. 

I saw the video's of Prison Sex and Sober and dug Tool. Went out and got Undertow. It's more raw then what comes after. Aenima had a bunch carnival sounds it, a guy reading a recipe in German. which sounds like a Third Reich speech and electrical crackles. Hooker With A P-enis was a cool song. Prison Sex from Undertow is not about two dudes in San Quentin getting to on in the shower, its about child sex abuse. It was though it was written from Keenan's perspective about his stepfather, but he said it about about abuse and the cycles and recognizing them and trying to break them.

Tool blow now. My son digs them and even he couldn't stand the last album. And yeah I have read about all the math stuff for the chords and stuff and wow you guy deep and your audience is dumb and and don't care. 

17 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw the video's of Prison Sex and Sober and dug Tool. Went out and got Undertow. It's more raw then what comes after. Aenima had a bunch carnival sounds it, a guy reading a recipe in German. which sounds like a Third Reich speech and electrical crackles. Hooker With A P-enis was a cool song. Prison Sex from Undertow is not about two dudes in San Quentin getting to on in the shower, its about child sex abuse. It was though it was written from Keenan's perspective about his stepfather, but he said it about about abuse and the cycles and recognizing them and trying to break them.

Tool blow now. My son digs them and even he couldn't stand the last album. And yeah I have read about all the math stuff for the chords and stuff and wow you guy deep and your audience is dumb and and don't care. 

Cool man I never knew the meaning of the song at all. I’m with you though about the band 100%. They are a one album band to me - like Pearl Jam with Ten. 

3 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Cool man I never knew the meaning of the song at all. I’m with you though about the band 100%. They are a one album band to me - like Pearl Jam with Ten. 

I saw PJ in Hawaii when I was stationed there. Ten was out and Vs was not released yet. Once Vitalogy came out I was over PJ.

Okay, I'll play.

The NFL after 2016.
High fashion/expensive garments.
Jewelry.
Your bejeweled piercings.
Your sleeve tattoos and facial tattoos.
Your botox-injected lips.
Selfies in general.
Rap music/hip-hop culture.
Green energy.
The January 6th Committee hearings.
Basketball, any league, any level.
Skydiving.
Large cruise ships.
Hearing your spoiled child's entire trendy first, middle, and last name in the grocery store while you chase them around, allowing them to raise hell and act like a brat.
My car's extended warranty.
Modern pop radio.
Modern pop country radio.
Electric vehicles.
Scuba diving onto sunken ships.
The Grateful Dead.
Noisy, overly-loud, obnoxious exhaust systems on little ****-box Hondas, Mazdas, Toyotas, Scions, and Subaru's.
Photos of how you incorporated kale into your lunch today.

There are more, but I need to go crack open another beer right now.

🤫

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Okay, I'll play.

The NFL after 2016.
High fashion/expensive garments.
Jewelry.
Your bejeweled piercings.
Your sleeve tattoos and facial tattoos.
Your botox-injected lips.
Selfies in general.
Rap music/hip-hop culture.
Green energy.
The January 6th Committee hearings.
Basketball, any league, any level.
Skydiving.
Large cruise ships.
Hearing your spoiled child's entire trendy first, middle, and last name in the grocery store while you chase them around, allowing them to raise hell and act like a brat.
My car's extended warranty.
Modern pop radio.
Modern pop country radio.
Electric vehicles.
Scuba diving onto sunken ships.
The Grateful Dead.
Noisy, overly-loud, obnoxious exhaust systems on little ****-box Hondas, Mazdas, Toyotas, Scions, and Subaru's.
Photos of how you incorporated kale into your lunch today.

There are more, but I need to go crack open another beer right now.

🤫

With one or two exceptions, I could have written this!

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Never got Jimmy Buffet. Oh its a song about a guy drinking on a beach. Oh you haven't done that one yet.

but there was one about a cheeseburger wasn't there.,  c'mon who don't like cheeseburgers??

10 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Gender "identification"  🙄

Your "Gender" was identified at birth, when the OBGYN saw if the the newborn's PP is an out-ee or an in-ee. Its just that easy. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kidblast said:

but there was one about a cheeseburger wasn't there.,  c'mon who don't like cheeseburgers??

But wasn't he eating the cheeseburger on the beach?

I like the songs Come Monday and Son Of A Sailor and that is about it. My wife loves him and has seen him several times. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Other things I don't get;

Man-buns & "top-knots"

Manscaping.  🙄

Knit caps in the summer

Bringing back the torn jeans look

Gender "identification"  🙄

Whitefang

Manscaping:  When I had my hernia surgery, it was done for me. I kind of liked it. You know, shave your beard and your nose looks bigger. But, I would never do it myself.

• Haha 1