Gibson Brands Forums

Gary Rossington

Mr. Gibson

Man, what a run for some poor white trash kids from Jacksonville. 

Still, I'm hoping Johnny finally pulls the plug and puts the name to bed.

He's ridden on his big brother's coattails long enough. 

Sad news! The icons of my youth are dropping more and more as time moves on. Saw Skynyrd a few times but I was a bit too young to see the original lineup. When I was in my late teens I was the first in our crowd to figure out the slide parts to Free Bird. That's all everyone wanted to hear and it got old fast. I probably haven't played it in 40 years but I might give it a go tonight. My other Free Bird memory is playing the outro for half an hour while everyone rotated on solos. I swear that G, B flat, C rhythm progression gave me arthritis before my time. 

Great tunes and memories over the years. We still play Call Me the Breeze and I Know a Little.

On 3/6/2023 at 4:11 AM, Mr. Gibson said:

I just read Gary Rossington passed away. RIP. 

Dear Gibson now we are waiting for  a GARY ROSSINGTON  signed of the  guitar , and not only that  a FIREBIRD III of Mr. ALLEN COLLINS  and  a LES PAUL ED KING  version   all at reasonable prices .      

If you sold  all these guitars   over this century  is only thanks to LYNYRD SKYNYRD  who have invented   the American  sound  of country rock and of the three attack guitars throughout the world .

Thanks GARY   ,  our hearts goes out to DALE  and her daughters  for such  a loss .