Gibson Brands Forums

Attention: Owners of dangerous breed dogs

pumpkin

If you are an owner of a dog that belongs to a 'dangerous breed' category, and you also have a small child, please take this as a warning. Don't leave your dog with the child unattended under any circumstances. Only a little moment was enough for the following to happen. Warning, graphic picture

pbimage001.jpg

THIS is the picture they deleted!

mtxh0x.jpg

A pit bull bit a friend's mutt last week. Several hundred dollars at the vet and the dog died anyway. Not mangled, not ripped apart, just bitten. His blood got infected (don't ask me the particulars, as I don't know) and he suffered for several days; the antibiotics just couldn't catch up I guess.

I have a 13 year old Golden Retriever. Be afraid. Be slightly afraid.

(If you have a dog treat in your pocket anyway.)

I have an 80 pound male Shar Pei that has been trained to growl at, and then attack, anyone messing with my gear. He's just a young teenager and my daughters Les Paul is actually the safest guitar in the house.

I love messin' with dogs, they are so much smarter than liberals. They bite first, and don't ask questions.

Attaboy!

I have an 80 pound male Shar Pei that has been trained to growl at' date=' and then attack, anyone messing with my gear. He's just a young teenager and my daughters Les Paul is actually the safest guitar in the house.

I love messin' with dogs, they are so much smarter than liberals. They bite first, and don't ask questions.

Attaboy![/quote']

Hehe!

I ran out of patience with photobucket a long time ago, back when I was selling a lot on ebay. Nothing but trouble. I switched to tinypic with no issues. Funny, I think tinypic is a subsidiary of photobucket!

Many sites are blocked here at work; youtube is one, photobucket is another. So if anyone posts a photobucket link with a guitar question, I'm pretty much out of the loop until I get home.

I may still have pics on the photobucket site but I can't seem to log in without the gates of Hell opening up so I don't even bother anymore.

Oh sure! Always use the poor Pitbull to illustrate these tragedies. If it was a Chihuahua you'd probably think it was CUTE! ](* [/quote']

Well, actually it's not a Pitbull... It's an English Bull Terrier, a very different animal.

Without getting too deep, they were bred specifically to remove to unfavourable characteristics both in temperament and looks (although some may question that point!!!).

English Bull Terriers are actually brilliant with kids, particularly owners kids but of course common sense should prevail with kids and ANY breed.

And yes I have owned one in the past and hope to again one day. My wife got to pick the current dog and we've paying for itt for the last 10 years. A mongrel cross white fluff ball neurotic no-personality... You get the point!!!

I have one neighbor with a Rottweiler, and she is one of the most gentle dogs I have ever met. Another neighbor with three chihuahuas and I hate those dogs (barking rats) as they simply bark too much.

BTW, the set up and the picture were great.

Thanks for the giant grin

Notes

My little Dachshund Beagle mix is a vicious bugger. A neighbor has a german shepherd who is a very loving dog etc. etc. and always wants to play. He decided to let the dog out to use the bathroom without a leash while we were walking our dog. the german shepherd wanted to play with me, and our little doxle wasn't going to have it, and the german shepherd backed down immediately. He is vicious.

Archived