Gibson Brands Forums

Question for non-church going folks

djroge1

This question is for personal research and it is not meant to cause a big argument. I'm not going to try and talk you into going to church or bash you if you do not.

I'm defining non-attendence as not going to church within the past 6 months except for weddings, funerals, and Chrismas/Easter. I am curious if you did go on those two holidays if you care to share.

The church can be Catholic or Protestant.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I do believe in God. Two reasons:

Other - my parents ran a business and worked seven days a week when I was a kid. They wanted to but couldn't find the time and because I never went when I was young, I never got into the routine of going.

Don't believe in organized religion - I also don't see why I need to physically go into a a specific structure to believe.

First off' date=' I do believe in God.

Don't believe in organized religion - I also don't see why I need to physically go into a a specific structure to believe.[/quote']

Amen Are Nine (pun intended)

I've visited many church's in my life and almost all seem to be more interested in either my Financial support or me rigidly clinging to their beliefs and tenants.

Im a believer, I'm a youth leader at my church, I play bass at two churches in my town. Things I have noticed

I dislike how people judge another person based off there apperance (tattos, clothing, ect...)and Sometimes people outcast a memeber of the church because they sin often

I play bass with another guy at church who is in a "Death Metal Christian Band" he has multiple tat's, he wears dark clothing, and has long hair. The people church often say things like "is he a girl?" or "He must be practicing satanist"

This guy knows the bible fowards and backwards, he has lead others to christ, he has even taught class, nice as can be. But they judge him based on his apperance. I just say "Jesus had long hair and Jesus was tormented"

Church is ment for sinners and believers but sometimes we try to make it just for believers. I hear peope talk bad about people because they sin, I gently remind the that we all are not perfect.

Basically it's just important to remember that we are all human and that humans will be humans.

I was forced to go to sunday school until the 5th grade, then they figured I was old enough to make my own decision (I chose to not go).

When my kids were little, they actually wanted to go to sunday school because some of their friends and relatives went. So I took them. I chose to attend church as well.

I tried to fit in, I really did. I know the church is full of hypocrites.... welcome to life. After a couple years I realized I would never fit in and that there was definitely a stratification of members depending on your last name and standing in the community. The last straw was when the leader of a state-wide Christian group came and circulated a petition against some gay rights that were coming up in a referendum. The congregation got all fired up and we all signed it. As soon as I signed it, I felt like a cross between Opie after he shot the bird or Charlie Brown when he attached the ball to his Christmas tree and it fell over. I signed something in the heat of mob mentality, something I wouldn't have signed otherwise.

Gay/Straight, doesn't matter. The petition could have been against Jews, Frenchmen, left handed crossing guards with acne, it's all the same. The mob mentality drove me to do something I wouldn't have done, had I not been swept up in the moment.

I never went back.

Borat was a funny movie. But the one scene at the dinner party when the minister left indignantly when the hooker showed up at the door just about summed up all that is wrong with the Christian faith nowadays.

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Most "Christians" seem to have skipped that verse.

IMO..... utter tat!.....IMO

Watched a stupid program here in the UK about a 13yr old girl who found God when she was six years old... I reckon brainwashed is a better observation... Truly shocking!!

I do believe in God and I have nothing against people that want to shape there life around that as long as they don't try and shove it in my face!

Money and religion are the root of all evil....

Flight959

Money and religion are the root of all evil....

Flight959

Well we need money to live...

Money isnt evil, its the worship of money and putting more priority on money than lets say people.

Religion, I won't answer that. You know there are some bad apples out there.

Archived