Gibson Brands Forums

Spam this morning

ksdaddy

Last year, when I was still working out on the Army airfield, I was fond of cooking breakfast for myself after a good cardio swim.

My young friends in Operations would benefit, of course.
I would always make more than enough, and I would share with them.

One time I made a nice stir fry using some sauteed onions and peppers, mushrooms, white rice, Turkey Spam, egg, and shredded cheddar.
Just the best stuff ever.

I ate, the fellows ate, and all was good.

I still had quite a bit of stir-fry leftover in the skillet when one of our female engineers came by on her way to her test aircraft, and we issued her a headset.

"Wow. Something smells good in here. What did you guys cook?"

"Ah, some healthy stir fry. There's some leftover, do you want to finish it?"

"I don't know. Lemme see it."

Our engineer was a healthy and fit person, and picky about what went into her body.
She followed one of our young fellows back to the galley, and apparently liked what she saw.
She happily consumed a nice bowl of the stir fry, by all accounts, and departed for her mission.

Later on while doing dishes, the young feller asked me, "Hey, Sparky. What's tofu?  Did you fry up something called tofu into that breakfast skillet?"

"Tofu? It's like congealed bean curd or soy product, I think. Vegans eat it. No, I didn't use any tofu in that recipe."

"Well, that engineer was real happy that you cooked tofu into the breakfast. She tore it up, man!"

I scratched my head.
And then I pondered the fact that Turkey Spam is a pale, off-white colour, and looks nothing like the usual Spam.
I laughed.

"She thought the Turkey Spam was tofu. Oh well. She liked it, and ate it happily."

"Are you gonna tell her she ate Spam after she lands later on?"

"Heck no. Beggars can't be choosers."

He grinned.  "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Good times.

😗

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Last year, when I was still working out on the Army airfield, I was fond of cooking breakfast for myself after a good cardio swim.

My young friends in Operations would benefit, of course.
I would always make more than enough, and I would share with them.

One time I made a nice stir fry using some sauteed onions and peppers, mushrooms, white rice, Turkey Spam, egg, and shredded cheddar.
Just the best stuff ever.

I ate, the fellows ate, and all was good.

I still had quite a bit of stir-fry leftover in the skillet when one of our female engineers came by on her way to her test aircraft, and we issued her a headset.

"Wow. Something smells good in here. What did you guys cook?"

"Ah, some healthy stir fry. There's some leftover, do you want to finish it?"

"I don't know. Lemme see it."

Our engineer was a healthy and fit person, and picky about what went into her body.
She followed one of our young fellows back to the galley, and apparently liked what she saw.
She happily consumed a nice bowl of the stir fry, by all accounts, and departed for her mission.

Later on while doing dishes, the young feller asked me, "Hey, Sparky. What's tofu?  Did you fry up something called tofu into that breakfast skillet?"

"Tofu? It's like congealed bean curd or soy product, I think. Vegans eat it. No, I didn't use any tofu in that recipe."

"Well, that engineer was real happy that you cooked tofu into the breakfast. She tore it up, man!"

I scratched my head.
And then I pondered the fact that Turkey Spam is a pale, off-white colour, and looks nothing like the usual Spam.
I laughed.

"She thought the Turkey Spam was tofu. Oh well. She liked it, and ate it happily."

"Are you gonna tell her she ate Spam after she lands later on?"

"Heck no. Beggars can't be choosers."

He grinned.  "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Good times.

😗

One thing for SURE..... anyone who is a vegan will TELL you that within 5 minutes of meeting them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, duane v said:

Mr. Admin

Thanks for the break, and I'm sure ksdaddy appreciates it too.  LOL..... But really it's no big deal in keeping the floor swept around these parts.

We've updated some security settings & turned new registrations back on for the time being. We'll continue to monitor reported posts. Thank you for your efforts!!

59 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

One thing for SURE..... anyone who is a vegan will TELL you that within 5 minutes of meeting them!

Same could be said of cyclists.  But most of them won't even have to tell you.  They'll be wearing their spandex cycling suits most of the time.  Whether on their bikes or not.

Whitefang

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Same could be said of cyclists.  But most of them won't even have to tell you.  They'll be wearing their spandex cycling suits most of the time.  Whether on their bikes or not.

Whitefang

Boy, that's for sure!    I'd rather be walking and out of shape than wear those things!

I see them wearing their 'tear-shaped" biking helmet...designed to reduce wind resistance....even though they're peddling at 12 MPH!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I noticed yesterday one of the spammers sign on name was  Harry Peter.  So, I am guessing he's not a disgruntled airline employee, but an 14 year old schmuk. 

40YP.... I'll tell you a TRUE story.    I visited Little Rock Transit many years ago.    The maintenance manager there was a guy named Barry Beaver.   A nice guy.

Maybe a year later, "Barry" walked into my office..... I was shocked, because we were NOT building buses for Little Rock at that time.   I said, "Barry!   What are you doing here?"

He said, "I'm not Barry, I'm his twin brother, Harry."    My bottom lip was bleeding I was biting down so hard trying  not to make a joke>

Turned out his brother was the maintenance manager for Nashville Transit.

4 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

They should have reported their parents to Child Protective Services ! 

HAHA...I'm guessing "Beaver" didn't mean then what it does today!

But I might have gone by "Harold" at some point!

Edited by DanvillRob

5 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Boy, that's for sure!    I'd rather be walking and out of shape than wear those things!

I see them wearing their 'tear-shaped" biking helmet...designed to reduce wind resistance....even though they're peddling at 12 MPH!

Yeah, 12 MPH with their little beer coozie helmets on in the middle of the lane because they consider themselves to be an actual vehicle! Then they blow stop signs and red lights.

Edited by 10PoundLester

On 5/12/2023 at 7:00 PM, ksdaddy said:

It was. Until they changed it. I voiced my objection. It was ignored. 

I think it's because they don't want to restrict new users from signing up with a too-tough policy. Forums thrive only when new users come and actively participate. Some kind of balance between "totally open" and restrictive for new users will be found sooner or later.

I learned a lot on this forum, great users and many with a lot of technical experience on guitars, amps, songwriting, woodworking, or just lounging  around... This is what makes a great online forum. Keep it flying! 👍

Edited by OrdinaryNimda
  • Like 1

Well, looks like they are back. Just registered a few minutes ago and filled up the "Introduce Yourself" category with spam! I really think you should make new users' posts be reviewed before they are posted. That will solve the problem right there. Also IP blocking.

Edited by 10PoundLester