Gibson Brands Forums

TAYLOR IS MAKING WATCHES?

This is likely old news to some, but I just saw an advertisement about Taylor making watches.  Their prices are approx. $350-$900.   Just another sign of a changing world.  If diversity helps companies survive in this economic climate, I’m all for it.

• Like 1

hey Larry,   yep. something they've been doing for a while now.

I guess if you're into Taylors and also into Timepieces, it's yet hole to toss yer money into!   And, we all need more holes to throw money in right?   !! \:D/

When I was age 15 thru 45, I had to have a wrist watch on.
I just felt naked without one.

I was known to turn the car around after being  5 km down the Autobahn, just to retrieve and put on the watch I had forgotten.

For awhile after that, I was ambivalent about having a watch on.
I frequently left the house without one.

Finally, about ten or eleven years ago, I found that wrist watches were bothering my wrist, and causing pain and irritation.
And I said to myself, "You have your personal cell phone on you all the time now, along with the Army Blackberry. And both tell the time with great accuracy."

So I retired all the watches.
Haven't worn one since.

And since retirement, I am down to one cell phone, and it stays in the wallet drawer or in the car most of the time.
Funny.

I have seen the Taylor watches.
They are good looking.
I like them.

For somebody else to buy and wear.
Not me.
🤔

• Like 1

What? No pics? I guess I'll have to do a search to see what they look like. :rolleyes:

I also wore a wristwatch for most of my life up until I started working in my friends machine shop, in 2006. Then I would constantly bash it against something and break it. That, and the fact that my cell phone tells me the time led to me not wearing a watch in years. 

2 minutes ago, saturn said:

What? No pics? I guess I'll have to do a search to see what they look like. :rolleyes:

I also wore a wristwatch for most of my life up until I started working in my friends machine shop, in 2006. Then I would constantly bash it against something and break it. That, and the fact that my cell phone tells me the time led to me not wearing a watch in years. 

Taylor Guitars – Original Grain

They look pretty nice, but my watches are usually under $100..

39 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I was known to turn the car around just to retrieve and put on the watch I had forgotten.

I've done that.

I've been retired for well over a year and STILL wear a watch. I hate not having one on. 

I'm a builder, tinkerer, explorer and own land and buildings that always need something. Time has always been in short supply to me, and even MORE SO as I get older. I plot and plan and scheme ways to get things done, and these are always time dependent. When a supply store closes, when an inspector is coming, etc.

I don't like having to chase down my phone, which isn't on me all of the time due to my hazardless lifestyle, just to get the time. So I need a rough, tough, waterproof and durable watch. 

Enter Bertucci.

I also have a beater Citizen solar Eco-Drive that has to be 10/12 years old on a zulu.

1 minute ago, saturn said:

They are good looking. But yeah, those prices are prohibitive to me. 

yea, - I can't imagine the guys that walk around with Rolex or even higher priced watches.

then again, I'd bet most of those guys don't get why we have 25 guitars..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I cant find a watch small enough any more. They have been making them huge for 40 years now. They say its the 'fashion', but isn't that supposed to change now and then? 

I just keep getting my old small watches repaired. 

This small enough for ya Hawkeye?  [wink]

HTB1bmRTKFXXXXbyXFXXq6xXFXXXr.jpg

Whitefang

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kidblast said:

yea, - I can't imagine the guys that walk around with Rolex or even higher priced watches.

Yeah, but those guys don’t understand that guitars are like women.  You can’t have too many.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Murph said:

I've done that.

I've been retired for well over a year and STILL wear a watch. I hate not having one on. 

I'm a builder, tinkerer, explorer and own land and buildings that always need something. Time has always been in short supply to me, and even MORE SO as I get older. I plot and plan and scheme ways to get things done, and these are always time dependent. When a supply store closes, when an inspector is coming, etc.

I don't like having to chase down my phone, which isn't on me all of the time due to my hazardless lifestyle, just to get the time. So I need a rough, tough, waterproof and durable watch. 

Enter Bertucci.

I also have a beater Citizen solar Eco-Drive that has to be 10/12 years old on a zulu.

https://www.bertucciwatches.com/

Your Welcome.

On 5/24/2023 at 3:42 AM, merciful-evans said:

I cant find a watch small enough any more.

Bertucci makes a 30mm Field Watch that looks just like the larger ones. I bought one for my wife when she's working in the yard, or painting or such.

They look the same, don't know about UK distribution.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2023 at 7:28 AM, kidblast said:

Agree MP,  I still wear a watch and retired but I would not spend that much on that watch.

I have a couple of not very expensive watches that keep good time.  Analog.  I also have a Jean D'Eve Sectora I used to wear when doing weddings.  Needs batteries(it takes two)  and a jeweler who knows how to change them in that model of watch.  And then I'll have to relearn how to read the time on the damn thing.  [wink]

jdevesectorawhitelther3_10.jpg

At my age I'll need a jeweler's loupe to see it clearly.  [biggrin]

Whitefang

On 5/24/2023 at 7:24 AM, Murph said:

I've done that.

Enter Bertucci.

My sentiments as well, I feel off balance without a watch on.

I work in a warehouse on a loading dock, if you're caught looking at your phone while operating a hi/lo , even just to check the time, you could be fired.

Also, this time of year I'm riding my motorcycle to work instead of driving and being able check if I'm running late or not with a quick glance to my watch is essential as I have a twenty plus mile commute.

My current watch belonged to my dad, my mom gave it to me when he passed away. I don't think it cost more than $20 but it's comfortable to wear and looks like a high dollar one with multiple complications, but it just tells time, the extra hands and dials within the main dial are nonfunctional.

My work watch is a Casio.