Gibson Brands Forums

We all get older, right?

sparquelito

I’m a an Army Vietnam Vet.. I wouldn’t want to do that again..

I wrote a Song called “This Time”… It starts out….. 

“I’VE BEEN EVERY KIND OF FOOL A MAN COULD BE

I’VE EVERY MISTAKE FROM A TO Z”……

That pretty much says it all… 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I’m a an Army Vietnam Vet.. I wouldn’t want to do that again..

I wrote a Song called “This Time”… It starts out….. 

“I’VE BEEN EVERY KIND OF FOOL A MAN COULD BE

I’VE EVERY MISTAKE FROM A TO Z”……

That pretty much says it all… 

I would not want to be in during V N. My father in law was and never talked about it. I don't blame him. He took to drink to self medicate. That was his generations drug of choice. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I was never a thrill seeker. 

Stuff I cant do anymore?

Motorcycles. I was never much good with them anyway. Probably wont even ride a push bike either. 

Climb fences

Jump fences

Any kata where you drop to the ground (cant get back up again!)

eat hot chillies without respect (dont want to disturb that ulcer)

Take a p1ss in less than 20 seconds

lie

cheat

tread on peoples feet

cuss 

fuss

dance the hoochie-coo 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Karloff said:

I would like to say April 16th of this year I've been drug free for 29 years.  life is relatively calm & quiet these days.  

I'd like to say that.  But if you're meaning recreational drugs, well, that's different.  [wink]  It's about the same amount of time for me too.  Right now all those fun drugs have been replaced by Beta Blockers, diuretics and blood thinners.  I take FAR more pills now than I ever did when dopin'.

But the title of this thread;  "We all get older, right?"   Well there's one answer to that query.....

Hopefully.

Whitefang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

But the title of this thread;  "We all get older, right?"   Well there's one answer to that query.....

Hopefully.

Whitefang

True that...  No guarantees unfortunately.  I count my blessings each and every day, hoping that I don't take something for granted.  But alas, I'm only human - making mistakes is part of the deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

True that...  No guarantees unfortunately.  I count my blessings each and every day, hoping that I don't take something for granted.  But alas, I'm only human - making mistakes is part of the deal. 

I always said, if I could go back and do it all over again knowing what I know now, I would probably make the same dumb mistakes.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Dear Confused,

What are you confused about, and why can't you type actual words instead of dumb symbols to represent how you feel. Your probably off making a Tik Tok video.

Signed The Sarge.

Sarge,   Statistically - it is unavoidable that you'll find at least one person on any 'social media site' that doesn't know their axe from a hole in the grinder.  If the 'programmers' added the signoname of the person placing the confused faces (or the sad ones)  you'd find they disappeared.    

3 hours ago, gearbasher said:

I always said, if I could go back and do it all over again knowing what I know now, I would probably make the same dumb mistakes.

Then I guess my dumb mistakes were dumber than yours !  Good for you !!!   I can think of some things I would have done differently. 

14 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Sarge,   Statistically - it is unavoidable that you'll find at least one person on any 'social media site' that doesn't know their axe from a hole in the grinder.  If the 'programmers' added the signoname of the person placing the confused faces (or the sad ones)  you'd find they disappeared.    

Words are hard that’s why during the riots recently they threw bricks and thought that would solve anything, except pissing the cops off more. I think cops have more weapons at their disposal than the rioters. Any of those idiots that got their head bounced off the top of the squad car before being put in the back seat after being arrested deserved it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Karloff said:

I would like to say April 16th of this year I've been drug free for 29 years.  life is relatively calm & quiet these days.  

God bless you, my friend!

i don’t take chances anymore.  I stop and think about what I’m doing before I do it.  I don’t play senior softball anymore.  My doctor said I could, but I can’t throw the ball because of a torn rotator cup.  It hurts like hell to throw a ball and I’m afraid I won’t be able to hold a guitar in the position I always have.  I don’t drive fast cars now.  Life is more precious and more precarious.  I can still do most things I want to do, but now they’re not so necessary.  I just want to do what I can for as long as I can.  So far, so good.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

How did my generation drink from a garden hose and not come home till the street lights were on and survive?

I had the same childhood experience.

Done some research, and I'm pretty sure our parents and all the other adults in the neighborhoods back then were swingers.

It's the only explanation for why they wanted us gone all day long.
😔

cb7ce17b980ab36e93e682c234f1e374.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I had the same childhood experience.

Done some research, and I'm pretty sure our parents and all the other adults in the neighborhoods back then were swingers.

It's the only explanation for why they wanted us gone all day long.
😔

cb7ce17b980ab36e93e682c234f1e374.jpg

I remembered at all the family gatherings, all the adults were drunk as hell. We would of course sneak what we could. I got so sick sneaking sips off Cutty Sark.  I never want to see a bottle of that  ever again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

How did my generation drink from a garden hose and not come home till the street lights were on and survive?

Same here.  At the parks we’d drink out of the water fountains and so did the dogs.  There were no such things as seat belts and riding in the bed of my dad’s El Camino was a blast.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

God bless you, my friend!

i don’t take chances anymore.  I stop and think about what I’m doing before I do it.  I don’t play senior softball anymore.  My doctor said I could, but I can’t throw the ball because of a torn rotator cup.  It hurts like hell to throw a ball and I’m afraid I won’t be able to hold a guitar in the position I always have.  I don’t drive fast cars now.  Life is more precious and more precarious.  I can still do most things I want to do, but now they’re not so necessary.  I just want to do what I can for as long as I can.  So far, so good.

thank you !  I would love to play in a senior league, but my schedule is already hectic enough. I never have time to just relax. 

9 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Same here.  At the parks we’d drink out of the water fountains and so did the dogs.  There were no such things as seat belts and riding in the bed of my dad’s El Camino was a blast.

Remember those 2 seats with no seat belt of course in the back of the Subaru Brat?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Probably would be illegal in all 57 states today. 

Not here in SC. Idiots drive golf carts on major roads and divided hiway's when its posted everywhere its illegal. The cops do nothing. I saw a guy on a divided hiway the other day in a Daihatsu if you know what they are. We had one in Hawaii for our Electrical Shop vehicle. Totally not road legal.

See, Sarge ....  you post stuff like that and wonder why you get Sad and/or Confused emoji faces !!!    As opposed to comments suggesting you lean on your horn with one hand and give them the finger with the other.  (Can you guess what state I learned to drive in?) 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

See, Sarge ....  you post stuff like that and wonder why you get Sad and/or Confused emoji faces !!!    As opposed to comments suggesting you lean on your horn with one hand and give them the finger with the other.  (Can you guess what state I learned to drive in?) 

I could do that,  but so many people conceal carry here I would rather not get a gun pointed at me. I still don't understand the confusion, and if you are type word and ask me explain it better.

I think you live in Texas, but no I have no clue? South Cacalaci?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

when I was little I'd crawl up onto the rear deck of my dads old Plymouth. when he would brake i'd roll off and slam into the back of the front seat. it was a lot of fun. he'd laugh too. lol.  ponds were still clean enough to swim in. swimming in streams in the woods behind my house, catching salamanders, playing baseball till it was so dark you could barely see the ball , the baseball was 3/4 electrical tape cuz the stitching was busting loose. cracked bats nailed n taped together. you had to hold them just right or it would sting your hands when you hit the ball. letting the water run from the garden hose till it got cold. building ramps to run your bike off of cuz Knievel just made another jump.  being gone all day long without your parents freaking out.  

Edited by Karloff
  • Haha 3

• duane v changed the title to We all get older, right?
31 minutes ago, Karloff said:

when I was little I'd crawl up onto the rear deck of my dads old Plymouth. when he would brake i'd roll off and slam into the back of the front seat. it was a lot of fun. he'd laugh too. lol.  ponds were still clean enough to swim in. swimming in streams in the woods behind my house, catching salamanders, playing baseball till it was so dark you could barely see the ball , the baseball was 3/4 electrical tape cuz the stitching was busting loose. cracked bats nailed n taped together. you had to hold them just right or it would sting your hands when you hit the ball. letting the water run from the garden hose till it got cold. building ramps to run your bike off of cuz Knievel just made another jump.  being gone all day long without your parents freaking out.  

https://imgur.com/a/kvQVGgR

Edited by MissouriPicker
  • Haha 1