Gibson Brands Forums

What’s your temperature right now?

50 degrees right now, but high temps will be dropping into the low to mid 30s by Sunday.  Hopefully our less than illustrious public officials will be better prepared than they have in past years.

Here in Minnesota it’s 13, feels like 5 and dropping.  it actually went up a couple degrees this afternoon when the snow started. We were at 8 this morning.  Bottom will fall out tonight.  Hoping everyone stays safe and warm, especially you folks getting whacked who aren’t set up for this kind of weather.  

Edited by PrairieDog

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

The Cyclone Bomb has hit.

Not too bad at the moment, 41 but that's about to change for the worse.

We’re dodging bullets left and right this winter.  All around folks are deep in snow and we still had grass showing until this afternooon.  Now we on the northern, backside of this one, so we’re gonna miss the worst, fingers crossed.  We went through a bomb a couple years ago, early spring. The red wing blackbirds were already back. I made a video of the crazy wind, with the bird calls in the background.  A couple got caught up in the gale and blown right past my camera. That was a bummer.  

Edited by PrairieDog

Pangs of Arctic cold. I dunno, what's Fahrenheit for minus 20 Celsius and lower? 0 is freezing point. -10 C is when it gets WAY too cold. -20 C and colder is effin' ridiculous.

On the upside, we have the highest taxes in the world and rampant gang violence.

• Thanks 1

8:05pm CST 1/13/2024  - 5 degrees F.  Low's in the negatives expected in a few hours. Wind Chills expected to be -35 to -40 degrees F for the next few days.  18" + inches of snow in the last few days, with more coming down right now!!

On 1/12/2024 at 7:40 PM, PrairieDog said:

Here in Minnesota it’s 13, feels like 5 and dropping.  it actually went up a couple degrees this afternoon when the snow started. We were at 8 this morning.  Bottom will fall out tonight.  Hoping everyone stays safe and warm, especially you folks getting whacked who aren’t set up for this kind of weather.  

Hearing this reminds me why I left the frozen tundra of Minnesota back in 1984.  Don’t miss the winters one bit.  Stay warm.

• Like 1