Gibson Brands Forums

What happened to Murph?

2 hours ago, Johnson Blake said:

And without hate! Do you marvel at your own restraint?

I usually only run my yap when needed. If it was needed in this thread I would have. 

1 minute ago, SteveFord said:

I used to work for a guy who flipped around a movie quote:

You shoot my wife, I f*** your dog.

He was fun to work for.

Poor dog.

15 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Prairie, I have literally hundreds of them on YouTube.... posted a new one yesterday.

Won't start arranging another song now until after I get back from my dog show.

What breed of dogs do you show? I used to show Doberman Pinschers. Still have one now but were not showing him. We mostly rescued him as nobody wanted him do to one testicle never dropped. So they were going to put him down. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Retired said:

What breed of dogs do you show? I used to show Doberman Pinschers. Still have one now but were not showing him. We mostly rescued him as nobody wanted him do to one testicle never dropped. So they were going to put him down. 

I  get upset when they shoot a horse with a broken leg -   but THIS seems unnecessarily cruel and unusual.   Would we euthanize a  J45 if it were missing a nut ? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retired said:

I LOVE the Doberman breed!    We sometimes dog-sit a friend's *****....one of the sweetest and best dogs I've ever met....

We were Pug breeders, exhibitors and judges for like 25 years, (my wife is judging the Pug National this year).

We now own Affenpinchers..... We have a male (Gatsby) who is a retired Grand Champion.   We got a female to keep him company, (because our last Pug died) and somehow Gatsby "got to her" on her first season..... so now we have a little puppy too.   We never intended to have 3 dogs again.....but here we are.   

The mom's (Saylor), show career was postponed due to the dog virus that was going around....and then because she was preggers.....so she'll start in August.

We'll probably show the baby (Yardley) at the same time.....she'll  be 6 months old in August.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2024 at 7:45 AM, DanvillRob said:

I LOVE the Doberman breed!    We sometimes dog-sit a friend's *****....one of the sweetest and best dogs I've ever met....

We were Pug breeders, exhibitors and judges for like 25 years, (my wife is judging the Pug National this year).

We now own Affenpinchers..... We have a male (Gatsby) who is a retired Grand Champion.   We got a female to keep him company, (because our last Pug died) and somehow Gatsby "got to her" on her first season..... so now we have a little puppy too.   We never intended to have 3 dogs again.....but here we are.   

The mom's (Saylor), show career was postponed due to the dog virus that was going around....and then because she was preggers.....so she'll start in August.

We'll probably show the baby (Yardley) at the same time.....she'll  be 6 months old in August.

My Grandaughter has a Pug named Miley.. Cute, funny little girl… Very loving & friendly..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larsongs said:

My Grandaughter has a Pug named Miley.. Cute, funny little girl… Very loving & friendly..

Pugs are a great breed....

When my wife was looking for a little dog, she read up on Pugs..... she said they don't bark much..... are easy to house train....very loving..... but fart a lot

She thought, "I'm married....so I'm used to farting!".

13 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I could never digest the Grateful Dead or Jerry Garcia.

They gave me gas.

I was never a "dead-head", but they had "a vibe".   Never played a song the same way twice.... pretty "free-flowing" while on stage.

I saw them live one time in a bar, (I've told the story in here before), and they were all good musicians.....there ain't nothing better than live music!

55 minutes ago, MissouriPicker said:

Anyone heard from Murph yet?  

Some posts back a couple people mentioned he liked their videos recently over on youtube, so he is about, just apparently not hanging out here at the moment.  

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I could never digest the Grateful Dead or Jerry Garcia.

They gave me gas.

Never heard anyone say listening to the Dead made them want to buy a guitar. But I understand. But as both of us are Zappa nuts you know some things are an acquired taste. I never understood the Parrot Head 's who went stupid for Jimmy Buffet's music about a drink on a beach, followed by another song about a drink on a beach, and then, to top it off, a song about a drink on a beach if you forgot the first two songs were about a drink on a beach. My wife saw him many times.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2024 at 9:14 AM, fortyearspickn said:

I  get upset when they shoot a horse with a broken leg -   but THIS seems unnecessarily cruel and unusual.   Would we euthanize a  J45 if it were missing a nut ? 

I hear you. I knew a breeder who put a 4 month old puppy down because it got in a fight with it's litter brother. I thought that was terrible.  But we weren't going to get any more dogs. Sundance was our last one, We got Sundance through the gal who bred Oliver.  When she called us and said no-one wanted him for a pet, Deb and I both said no. We half to rescue him.  I understand that show people can't show him because dogs and cats need to be intact. They couldn't find Olivers. We drove down to Loganville Georgia from Neb. to pick him up. I couldn't believe no one down there wanted him. I have been around show  breeders. a lot, If they can't find a home for a puppy, it gets put down.