Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Sunglasses Anyone

the Black and Surf Green designs “echo the iconic colors of the iconic guitars”

I thought Gibson owned the rights to the I word?

They should sue them.  What's their legal dept doing, eating donuts?

• Like 1

I'm still hoping they'll bring out the Stratocaster Toilet Bowl Cleaner Brush. It's the one with the handle that is shaped like the Fender neck and headstock to symbolize how I'd flush money down the crapper if I bought this dreck.

Honestly people.

They can almost smell the cash smouldering in the fan's pockets.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

I'm still hoping they'll bring out the Stratocaster Toilet Bowl Cleaner Brush. It's the one with the handle that is shaped like the Fender neck and headstock

That would be pretty sweet! [thumbup]
I’d have to strongly consider upgrading from my KISS one. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I would buy a pair, and immediately swap out the arm hinges for locking Schaller hinges and add the DiMarzio nose rests, for better tone and sustain. 

But that's just me. 

🙂

Would you block the tremolo arm so it stays in place? String trees would be nice to hold down the G and D string past the nut. 

• Like 1

135+ British pounds per pair, whatever that is in USD. I'll stick with my Ray-Bans, thank you!

(Note: Apparently much of that cost relates to the tech they are equipped with which "visually changes" every guitar, when viewed through them, into a "Fender" guitar.) 

8 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

135+ British pounds per pair, whatever that is in USD. I'll stick with my Ray-Bans, thank you!

(Note: Apparently much of that cost relates to the tech they are equipped with which "visually changes" every guitar, when viewed through them, into a "Fender" guitar.) 

Sheepdog,

Regardless of cost, that would be reason enough not to buy a pair.

Do Gibsonsters, Guildsters or Martians really want their guitars looking like Fenders?

Put me down for a no.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

The website says they are $45 USD.

I hope the come with the big ugly 70’s headstocks everyone loved. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 7/19/2024 at 5:52 PM, tx-ogre said:

Perfect timing.  I’m looking to buy a new pair of shades, but I don’t think they will be adorning my ugly mug.

I love sunglasses. I'm currently wearing a pair of Spy eyewear, they don't break the bank at $150, but are pretty good. Another good glass for the money is Shady Rays. I've never been an Oakleys fan, they scratch too easily. I also like Rayban, Costas, and Vuarnet. There's a fine line between clear vision and scratch resistant.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Fender ought to give these out to customers, not charging them for advertising the brand.

Right, like Gibson just gives stuff away. Well to Slash they do. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Right, like Gibson just gives stuff away. Well to Slash they do. 

:-k Have Gibson released Slash sunglasses yet?

Seems an obvious thing to do given the dude loves wearing sunnies and our host is a ‘lifestyle brand’ who love giving him royalties.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pinch said:

Gas station sunglasses FTW.

If only ZZ Top did Gas Station Sunglasses instead of Cheap. 

“Go get yourself some Gas Station Sunglasses” Then the big riff one more time. Rooooock

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 'Scales said:

:-k Have Gibson released Slash sunglasses yet?

Seems an obvious thing to do given the dude loves wearing sunnies and our host is a ‘lifestyle brand’ who love giving him royalties.

And sometimes when we are lucky and when in interviews he decides to show us his kick back chillin side, Slash will don a backwards baseball cap.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper