Gibson Brands Forums

what did you want to "be" when you where a child, are you doing that now?

When I got past the cowboy and fireman stage I wanted to be a writer or a musician. I've done both. When I was about to get out of the Army all I wanted was an inexhaustible supply of ganj and beer. I've been "back in the world" for 39 years this month and sober for the past 19. I still haven't run out of ganj, though. =P~

I wanted to be an astronaut... no cigar.

Then I wanted to be a rockstar... I never got uber famous but I spent some years playing all around the country, played in 2 other countries also, played for as many as 20.000 people (opening for bigger, famous bands) so I guess I can say I came clase to it...

I also wanted to be a producer, and have been that for close to 7 years now, 5 as my main job, 2 as an amateur enthusiast. As some know, I sold most of the studio last year, I kept some stuff and still do studio work but only on weekends, so I guess I'm no longer a producer.

I'm a f.ckin' suit right now... that's what I am... :'(

When I got past the cowboy and fireman stage I wanted to be a writer or a musician. I've done both. When I was about to get out of the Army all I wanted was an inexhaustible supply of ganj and beer. I've been "back in the world" for 39 years this month and sober for the past 19. I still haven't run out of ganj' date=' though. :- [/quote']

Congratulations on being sober for 19 years! And not running out of weed, I run out of weed at least once a day and I'm VERY envious.

Ever since I was a small child I wanted to be a rockstar. I originally wanted to be George Harrison but as I got older my chances of being in The Beatles was still nonexistent so I started developing my own style on the guitar.

I'm 20 now and I still want to be a "rockstar". Being the worlds next greatest guitarist is not my aspiration though. I just want to write songs that people remember fondly.

So far me and my friend have written almost a whole album. We just need to flesh it out with a drummer. My friend and I have been playing together since 5th grade and been writing songs for almost as long. He has an AMAZING voice. There's no limitations to it and his tone and delivery are well beyond his age. In a few weeks we are going to record the album ourselves with my buddy who's a drum prodigy laying down the beats.

Hopefully by the time the album is done we will have a manager and we can start auditioning for a 2nd guitarist and a drummer.

Hmmm. This is a bit deep for the Lounge...

My whole life I've wanted to do 2 things. Take pictures and play music.

Everything for me is a means to that end. I'm not exactly where I want to be but I'm constantly moving towards that, and that's enough. That's what I want to do, **** everything else.

I wanted to be a chef and travel the world.

I did actually work my way from commis to service chef.

Hated it!

Since then Ive :-

HOUSE PARTIED LOTS :-)

Panel beated and paint sprayed cars.

HOUSE PARTIED SOME MORE :o)

Serviced Cars.

HOUSE PARTIED EXTENSIVLY

Serviced Motorbikes

RAVED IT UP

Printed the centers for hand made rosetts for horse and dog shows

RAVED IT UP SOME MORE

Carpet fitted

CARRIED ON RAVING

Silk Screen Printer and stencil maker (loved this).

BURNT MYSELF OUT FROM TOO MUCH RAVING AND PARTYING AND ABUSE OF ILLICIT SUBSTANCES

Managed A Very Busy motorcycle parts shop in central london (Vauxhall).

GAVE UP ILLICIT SUBSTANCES SETTLED DOWN HAD KIDS AND GOT BUSY LIVING. '1999'

Set up business with my wife (needlecraft retail and manufacturers).

Set up another business by myself (Mail order Gift shop) ,and yes I still do work and live with wife, lol :o)

I also do all the graphic and web design for both.

I also do photography and have done several weddings in the last couple of years and a couple of commercial jobs.

AND YET I STILL KNOW NOT WHAT I WANT TO DO WHEN I GROW UP. :o)

I wanted to be a veterinarian. I did some volunteer work at a vet clinic and that soon changed. You'd be shocked at how many people would come in with a family pet who required, hmmm, maybe $100.00 worth of care. Instead, some folks opted for the cheaper *option*.... euthanasia. I knew I'd end up on the front page of the news if I stayed in that profession. So, I went into social work. Yeah, I know, not much better.

Always wanted to be an artist and musician. Started a band in elementary school and played with the same guys into our early twenties. Got an education in Graphic Design and had my own business for 10 years doing that. Got into telecommunications and stayed with that while raising a family. Retiring from that next year and I'm back into visual art and guitar. Full circle.

I wanted to be a veterinarian. I did some volunteer work at a vet clinic and that soon changed. You'd be shocked at how many people would come in with a family pet who required' date=' hmmm, maybe $100.00 worth of care. Instead, some folks opted for the cheaper *option*.... euthanasia. I knew I'd end up on the front page of the news if I stayed in that profession. So, I went into social work. Yeah, I know, not much better.[/quote']

Yeah, I saw a woman in the vet's office one day who referred to the animal she'd brought in as "just a cat." O'course, it may have been a "working cat" like we had at one time--not so much a pet as a mouse-catching machine.

I don't really remember what I wanted to be when I was younger. There were so many different things...

I wanted to be a comedian and make people laugh. Tried that in the 90s and nearly starved to death. That's what I get agreeing to work with Gallager. How can you bring clever material to people who PAY to watch a guy hit fruit with a sledge hammer?

Choices number two and three were astronaut and rockstar. It would have been cool to be the first man to play a 1958 Gibson Les Paul on the moon. . .

I wanted to be an astronaut... no cigar.

Me too! I tried out a number of times but didn't make the final cut though. But being a rocket scientist is the next best thing. I do know a lot of astronauts and I did get to spend a day with Buzz Aldrin once.

TG, I'm going up someday though. I already told my wife that part of my retirement dollars WILL be spent on a trip to space. Hopefully by then we'll be doing it on a regular basis for tourism. So let's plan a trip in about 30 years...

Archived