Gibson Brands Forums

What do you guys like to do when your mad?

Basshole

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get mad very often and it takes quite a bit to get me there in the first place. I just try to deal with whatever the source is to fix it or, if there's nothing I can do about it, I blow it off. Life is too short to be pissed off and most things aren't worth the trouble.

Well....

Here's one for those who lack access to a heavy bag - and I lack the courage to utilize the potential horrid pun involved in that term... <grin>

Seriously, sit relaxed in a chair and try to relax the muscles in your head, and to relax the muscles and tissues in you sinuses. It actually works if you can try to get a degree of biofeedback without some sort of machine.

Well....

Here's one for those who lack access to a heavy bag - and I lack the courage to utilize the potential horrid pun involved in that term... <grin>

Seriously' date=' sit relaxed in a chair and try to relax the muscles in your head, and to relax the muscles and tissues in you sinuses. It actually works if you can try to get a degree of biofeedback without some sort of machine.

[/quote']

Just try to not get any on yourself. [-X :-

Hey cruisin.....

Nope, I mean the tissues on the inside of your sinuses - the stuff that's part of your bod.

A bit of biofeedback can get them to open more. Really. Try it some time - at least when you don't have a cold. <grin>

Hell, a bit of biofeedback should teach you how to drop your blood pressure 10 points in five minutes or less, too.

The "sinus" thing is just a start and helps to lean how to lower bp and adrenalin levels. Honest.

m

Well....

Seriously' date=' sit relaxed in a chair and try to relax the muscles in your head, and to relax the muscles and tissues in you sinuses. It actually works if you can try to get a degree of biofeedback without some sort of machine.

[/quote']

I do have a heavy bag and have worked out on one since I was 12 or so. Very good exercise.

However, as I fossilize (age), I find other means of "cooling off" necessary and often better.

I really found your recommendation regarding "relax[ing] the muscles and tissues in you sinuses" promising. I tried it. Until I read your post, I did not realize how tense those muscles/tissues are. I think I will try more of that kind of thing in the future.

Thanks for the recommendation.

If you need some type of anger outlet, you have a problem, and should consult your doctor.

Seriously. Not joking. If it gets to that point, you have an issue that needs addressing.

If you need some type of anger outlet' date=' you have a problem, and should consult your doctor.

Seriously. Not joking. If it gets to that point, you have an issue that needs addressing.

[/quote']

I would think you'd be in a lot more trouble if you didn't have an anger outlet. Are you suggesting it would be healthier and safer to ignore your anger, hold it in? Or are you suggesting it's not normal to experience occasional anger? :-k

Shoot pigeons.

Callen!! Now stop that right now! #-o

I go out on my porch and play guitar to the pigeons. They love it. Has to be acoustic guitar tho' I think. Peter (the male pigeon) tilts his head toward the guitar and actually listens. He even has favourite songs and will come and sit in front of me when I play. Isn't that sweet?

Hey Hoyt, you think you're fossilized? <grin>

Good grief.... A paleontologist friend just found the wallet I lost in high school - as he was excavating a local triceratops. It was inside the rib cage!

Okay, that's kidding. But not by much.

Seriously, almost nobody realizes what happens inside their bod unless they're trained. Very few of us reeeeally feel what's going on. The sinus thing is a good start at learning to develop a degree of internal awareness.

But I'll admit I personally still feel more stress from performing in a small session than I did when physical violence was a very real and very near possibility. The mind and body work much more closely than most of us consider.

As for the guys who say they don't get angry... I question that. Either something unnatural has happened to their "lizzard brain" that handles fight or flight physiological reactions whether we like those reactions or not, or they're covering over the physical realities with their heads. I doubt many have developed a sense of mu shin without a degree of training in one way or another.

Anger, in a sense, is a matter of a consciousness-induced flight or fight reaction and an adrenalin dump. It can be controlled, and each of us is terribly individual in how it functions and what might trigger it.

In fact, as some may unconsciously have learned, one can even develop an adrenalin "trickle" that amounts to what some have called "Ki borrowing" to keep themselves functioning for several days or more without external "drugs," even including coffee.

Deep belly breathing - there are variations on fancy Oriental names for it - can really help lower the blood pressure, but I recommend first trying to feel yourself relax the physical insides of your head - the sinuses and facial muscles - as a start at a non-mechanized sort of biofeedback learning experience. Others figure take breathing styles first, so take my advice with a grain of salt if you will. But my idea does help musicians who sing keep their "instrument" in a bit better shape to start a gig.

Again, even the classic "stage fright" is actually closely related to anger. Figger that. Cruisinoldfart pretty well nailed it, I think, in noting that anger is as normal a human response as anything - and is a response shared by a lot of creatures that aren't human when certain "buttons" are pushed. By the way, Karen, girls seem less affected than boys - which is why so many make excellent skill sport competitors at such as shooting firearms or archery.

For example, rodeo riding bull breeders have interesting challenges in developing critters that are nearly impossible to ride - and yet will handle well on the trucks that haul them to rodeos and in the stock pens. That's a difficult combination, and that's why you see more than a few of the critters responding "negatively" to cowboys and "clowns" at a rodeo. Oddly enough, after the adrenalin's worn off, most are relatively easily handled as long as the cowboys handling them know what buttons not to push on an individual animal.

And like it or not, we're "animal" with our own individual set of buttons.

Archived