Gibson Brands Forums

turkey or ham

Rocky4

Ham is where it's at. I've had good turkey. Deep fried is great, but if you're gonna fry, you might as well do chicken. I've had bbq injected turkey and it wasn't bad, but all poultry is so bland unless it's marinated or fried. Ham gets my vote (with a little mustard)

I got a 25 lb Turkey slow cooking in the oven 9hrs already... it's still got another 10 to go... It's got a full bottle of tequila injected in it as well. It's stuffed with chestnuts on one end and sausage in the other and covered in bacon.... Ham is boring.

thanksgiving-turkey.jpg

Turkey on Thanksgiving Ham on Christmas (I don't know how to make Tamales or I'd change that tradition).

This Thanksgiving everything is Homemade. My Mom makes the Turkey, Stuffing, and Mashed Potatoes, My Brother and his Family brings the Green Bean Casserole and Cranberry Sauce (yes, homemade Cranberry Sauce), and My Girlfriend and I are Bringing Sweet Potato Pie, Apple Pie, and a Tossed Salad. Nothing from a Box or a Bag.

I got a 25 lb Turkey slow cooking in the oven 9hrs already... it's still got another 10 to go... It's got a full bottle of tequila injected in it as well. It's stuffed with chestnuts on one end and sausage in the other and covered in bacon.... Ham is boring.

thanksgiving-turkey.jpg

I think you should have killed it first. Plucking the poor thing would be help too.

Archived