Gibson Brands Forums

5 minutes of fame

Silverbursted

I'm not talking about being on stage, but would love to hear if you've been on TV or in a movie. I've been an extra in a movie (Lethal Weapon), and have been in a couple of Discovery Channel productions (Wings, Ultimate Weapons, and Top 10 best helicopters). Also been interviewed on the local news after the first flight of the new Apache Longbow. [biggrin]

[biggrin] i was on the news in 95-96 when arsenal got knocked out the euro cup, itv were interviewing some fans outside the stadium and i was drunk and jumping up and down behind the person they were talking to...i saw myself on the news the next morning!...does that count? [crying]

I was on a tv telethon for the local humane society in '89. I was on the board of directors for a couple years.

We used to travel around with a photographer in the early 70s and sometimes I was a prop when he needed a kid in a shot. One pic was published several times and it ended up in a calendar a couple years later. I was 11 and more interested in the '55 Chevy Nomad just out of frame.

Does this count?

Echoes magazine no 84

[biggrin] i was on the news in 95-96 when arsenal got knocked out the euro cup' date=' itv were interviewing some fans outside the stadium and i was drunk and jumping up and down behind the person they were talking to...i saw myself on the news the next morning!...does that count? [blush']

Absolutely!!! Seeing yourself in that manner is priceless. Good job.

I was a extra in Stone Cold (90-91) as a biker and in a few other movies based on motorcycles and have also been on the news many times for work and various commitee's that I have chaired etc. nothing major but always funny to see yourself on the big screen. My wife use to get so excited she would record everything and cut out articles in the paper but after a while the excitement dies down I was on a month or so ago and asked her how I sounded she just smiled and said she was watching You Think you Can Dance instead of me.

Guess I know where I rate.[angry]

I've been on the news twice. Once for complaining about junk mail and another time in defence of a dog that was tied to the back of a truck, run over a few times, then dragged a mile down the road. She was still alive when people found her. She eventually had to be euthanized. Her name was Daisy. The guy who did it had a history of animal abuse and got a small fine. Many many people were angry, including me.

I'm sure I've been on TV a couple of times for interviews when the temps hit the upper '90s and they go looking for stories on people and how they are handling the heat.

Yep... nothing beats "Strapping on medieval armour and fighting" for the 6:00 news [confused]

I could be seen briefly in, at the time, Sweden's leading car/motor type TV show. Kinda like Top Gear but boring. This was about 15 years ago or something, and they were at my school because we were very early with having mandatory classes about drunk driving and stuff like that. So they were filming in the class room a bit while some guy in a wheel chair told us about the dangers of driving drunk, which is what had put him in the chair. I could be seen briefly, for about 3 seconds or so. It looked like I had nodded off, which I probably had.

I was a extra in Stone Cold (90-91) as a biker and in a few other movies based on motorcycles and have also been on the news many times for work and various commitee's that I have chaired etc. nothing major but always funny to see yourself on the big screen. My wife use to get so excited she would record everything and cut out articles in the paper but after a while the excitement dies down I was on a month or so ago and asked her how I sounded she just smiled and said she was watching You Think you Can Dance instead of me.

Guess I know where I rate.[confused]

Thats funny. My wife said exactly the same thing to me not too long ago. I think I may have to check out the show sometime, just to see what the fascination is.

I'm not talking about being on stage' date=' but would love to hear if you've been on TV or in a movie. I've been an extra in a movie (Lethal Weapon), and have been in a couple of Discovery Channel productions (Wings, Ultimate Weapons, and Top 10 best helicopters). Also been interviewed on the local news after the first flight of the new Apache Longbow. [cool']

Don't be so modest, Silverbursted. That looks like your full 15 minute allotment!

SB, you were already my hero but now I find out you're a TV star too?

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!

Yeah, I've been on the news more times than I can count.

Speaking a few times.

Never in handcuffs, thankfully!

Once in an aviation segment at the airport I flew out of.

Many times when I was a crane operator, whatever we were doing caught the attention of the news people.

Some were just really wild looking lifts, others were because we were cleaning up some sort of big mishap.

Lifting a fiberglass swimming pool into a back yard over houses, or onto the roof of a condo tower.....

Pulling a crane off a ship after it flipped over from the dock....

Several explosions in chemical plants and refineries....

Many times there were news choppers hovering overhead while we worked and it got on the news.

Most recently here in Phoenix with the traffic cameras and the guy in the monkey mask.

A friend of mine was arrested several years ago in LA, and got paid because it was filmed for the TV show 'Cops.'

At the time I did close protection work for the British Prime Minister many heads of Government and VIP's. When your constantly with them your always in the shot...

Regards

Simon' date=' I remember when I asked you all excitedly about it, expecting it to be very Bond like, you said it was quite boring often too. Dream destroyer![biggrin

Matt

TV, newspapers, radios, lots of shows... some 5 years ago when I was touring with a band that was almost making it. 2 years of it... nothing to follow the first 2 hits and the lead singer started acting like it was his act... so nothing else happened.

But it was fun while it lasted.

Ah yes. Step into the spotlight.

Music Video shows - band video.

& 6 O'Clock news playing live with a band. Was 'sposed to be grounded(for shop lifting if I remember rightly-was 13)climbed out window and done the gig.Didn't know it would be televised. **** happens. Got me another 2 weeks. Was worth it. Haha.[lol]

And the usual radio slots etc. etc.

Archived