Gibson Brands Forums

Birthday thought

albertjohn

It's my 48th birthday today.

Sadly no new Gibsons to play with but I'm very happy to have been spared another year playing the great guitars I do have.

I shall be sinking a few pints of English ale tomorrow night to mark the occasion.

Cheers everyone.

It's my 48th birthday today.

Sadly no new Gibsons to play with but I'm very happy to have been spared another year playing the great guitars I do have.

I shall be sinking a few pints of English ale tomorrow night to mark the occasion.

Cheers everyone.

Happy birthday mate!

Give yourself a present !

Buy my SWD12!

I will even knowk a fiver off for your birthday!

Cheers Modfather, old timer!

Johnt. Unfortunately, Mrs AJ's gas guzzler is about to be swopped for a smaller kids wagon. It will save me about £4k a year or to convert to a more meaningful measurement, 2 Gibson a year. Therefore timing not good but your £5 discount is a very kind offer and far more than I was expecting!

My firm gives me the day off for birthdays but have been in front of the work computer screen for several hours so far.

Off to Robbie' soon to run through the set list for a gig we are doing on Sunday, so not all bad.

Cheers everyone.

Just restrung the 335 and had Robbie weave his magic on it.

Life is good!

Happy Birthday!

What's your preferred pint? I'm a big fan of Smithwick's (I know it's not English) and Well's Bombardier.

Smithwicks. That's the smooth Irish bitter, no? Not a big fan of the smooth stuff.

However, Bombadier is a differnt matter. It is my local's guest ale this month so I have had a few over the last few weekends. A fine brew indeed.

My favourite is Fullers London Pride. They probably export the bottles which is also very fine indeed. Grab a few if you like the real ale.

We have a micro brewery about 2 miles from my village, at a place called Rotten End. They brew several beers including a bitter called Stoneleigh and also a mild, amongst others. Both very good. We seem to have a local tradition now of mixing the 2 (half and half).

"A pint of S&M please madam" is frequently heard and no-one seems to bat an eyelid.

Strange people, village folk.

Lots of Bitters up in this neck of the woods! I think all the Micro Brewers got their feet wet with bitters before moving into other styles.

And since it's Friday... you 've got me thinking..[biggrin]

Happy B. Day!

Hey, have a happy....

And... technically speaking I'm nearly old enough to be your pappy.

<chortle>

Seriously, you know you're starting to mellow out like a good malt when you enjoy the taste of the libation rather than the effects thereof...

Karen...

I'd be killing myself were I to attempt the pretense that I were only 48. <grin> Well... 48 as I did it. Heck, I could still drop into a full splits back then. Now? It'd likely be like a dried wishbone. I chuckle myself at that line, but sadly it's all the truth. @#$%#$%@

Old Guy...

Where in the Hills does you be? We've already met over a guitar sometime?

m

Archived