Gibson Brands Forums

what do you preafer?

dvir

I agree, the Standard is the way to go. Functionally, there's not an outstanding difference between the two, but the Standard just has that extra flair thrown in. The Les Paul is an eye-catcher, so why not accentuate that quality?

what do you preafer the gibson les paul standard or th gibson les paul studio?

If you take cost out of the equation, I find it had to believe anyone would prefer Studio over a Standard. The Studio is a reduce cost version of the Standard, and the reason they are so popular, is you get 90% of the Standard for half the price

Not a fair fight. If you had a budget of $2000 for a guitar, why would you even be considering a $1300 guitar? It doesn't make sense. I got a studio because I don't have a lot of money to spend. but if I had $2k burning a hole in my pocket, of course I would get a Standard and I wouldn't look back.

Don't have a Studio.

One Historic Division '1960 Standard Re-issue' and two early-'90s '1960 Classics' (which are, in essence, slightly modded 'Standards' re-named).

It would seem on the surface that I prefer '1960-style Standards' but that's not why I chose those individual instruments.

2006 desertburst Les Paul Std

2007 J-45 MC

When I bought my Std I played a bunch of different gibson guitars and I believe the standard has better pots,pickups and circuitry not to mention finish detail-I am 63 and have played for years and the Std was more money but I figured I wasnt gonna buy many more Electric guitars so I went for the Std and I am not disappointed!

i belive that the standard is cost way more from the what she needed to cost. on the standrard there is alot of visual things that not make the guitar sound better:binding, preaty maple top and things like this in fact people preafer the stnadard because this visual things but the true is they soun both the same.

i belive that the standard is cost way more from the what she needed to cost. on the standrard there is alot of visual things that not make the guitar sound better:binding' date=' preaty maple top and things like this in fact people preafer the stnadard because this visual things but the true is they soun both the same.[/quote']Most of the extra things on an LP Standard aren't just for visual purposes.

Binding protects the edges of the body and neck against chips/dents/dings. Bumping a Studio on the corner an amp, mic stand, or (for us "bedroom rockstars") furniture can do some real damage. I actually witnessed one of my friends take a good 1/2 inch chunk out of his Studio, just by turning really fast and hitting a chair.[biggrin] Not to mention all the wear that will come from just playing it.

But, as Tim said, it a matter of "what YOU prefer".

Dem00n is that you?

Standard all the way' date=' the addition of flair cannot be beat.[/quote']

He spells like dem00n, doesn't he?

(I have one of each, I enjoy playing both, but I prefer the looks of the Standard.)

I prefer the Studio ... Black/Gold or White/Gold is my way to go ... the Standard isn't for me good way to go, with exeption if it has a Honeyburst Finish or a Vintage Sunburst Finish (Which isn't a normal Finish for this guitar, I want it to look like the Slash Signature ... looks way too cool for "Standard", huh? :/ )... but then with Black Parts and other PU's ... or uncoverd PU's.

Archived