Gibson Brands Forums

So whattya do?

jimmiJAMM

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously' date=' it's desk jockey which is a fancy term for the IT work I do. And like 99% of IT people in Chicago I work in the financial industry.[/quote']

hey, me too! although, technically i am in elk grove village.

Don

Senior Applications engineer for a material handling company. I design & price conveyor systems for customers like MillerCoors, Pepsi, Procter & Gamble, Georgia Pacific etc... Just about any type of consumer related product companies, if they make a conveyable / palletizable product, we handle it.

Officially, my title is "Web Designer" and I do get to perform some web design, but really I'm an expert at how a lot of crap works at my company. So, I'm an expert at working for my employer, for better or worse.

hey' date=' me too! although, technically i am in elk grove village.

Don

[/quote']

It's amazing how under the radar the financial industry is in Chicago. With the CME buying NYMEX and then merging with CBOT, we have to be the commodities trading center of the world.

And my drummer just got out of this mess and took a job with Sears' web team. I am a little jealous he got out, but his entire time in the industry was at trading shops. If I had to work with traders I would not last.

I'm in the music business. Used to be a giggin/touring pro, am a studio owner/producer for 6 years now, up til last year it was a side job/hobby and my "real job" was as VP of a foundation owned by the family, a year ago I cut my long hair, donned a suit and almost gave up on the dream of making a living out of music (my family's involvement mostly). But last december I threw it all away and decided to not only expand the studio but to also open a small store.

It's been good so far, while I gained dealership of some known brands (pickups, accesories, etc) my main products are my custom made cabs and my friend's custom made guitars, and they are the reason people come to the store, which is the front side of the business, I have the studio in here and rehearsal rooms in the back, also as lots of guys came asking for guidance and got out knowing more than what they hoped to, I decided to start a small music/guitar school in here, and so far it's been great too.

Good times #-o

A Gibson / Epiphone Forum Moderator...... I make $0.00 per hour[biggrin] ..... Waiting on the Admin promotion' date=' and that's when the big bucks will start rollin in[cool']

Yeah I hear that the Admin position pays ten times as much as the Moderator does. LOL

A Gibson / Epiphone Forum Moderator...... I make $0.00 per hour[biggrin] ..... Waiting on the Admin promotion' date=' and that's when the big bucks will start rollin in[cool']

Duane.. You should never have put your salary in there.. KSDaddy's gonna be pissed that you got a raise!

I sell phones in a mall kiosk. I can't decide on law school with umpteen amounts of reading, or becoming a PR guy for some big videogame company and have the pleasure of introducing new games/hardware at conferences full of people interested in the product.

Duane.. You should never have put your salary in there.. KSDaddy's gonna be pissed that you got a raise!

Salary?.... Raise?.......

But... I thought...

*cough*

I thought I was supposed to pay them?

Nurse. Night Shift.

Medical/Surgical unit.

Somebody has to do it.

Once I put in the time I'll apply for a masters in family practice.

If school doesn't pan out for some odd reason, I'll specialize in wound care.

If I could wear heels I'd be a dancer...if I didn't have the grace of a truck driver.

Well, in high school, graduating in a month, and here is what I have under my belt so far:

Shipper at my family's company (it's a pain)

Firearms Instructor (youngest in the world =P~ not kidding either)

My ideal job, nothing is set, but I would like to write, play guitar, and still do more firearms training and stuff. Sounds hard to do, but it could be done

Archived