Gibson Brands Forums

Most respected guitarist?

Not necessarily your favorite, but someone you have the utmost respect for everything they have done.

For me, it would have to be Jeff Beck. He changed his music with the times, going through different eras and fads, but kept it his no matter what. I think that is the coolest thing ever.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly anyone who makes a living playing music has my respect (not talking if I like them or not).... except rappers (jus saying.. I don't consider that music)

If I had to choose.... Well damnit I don't know who I'd pick.

How can Les Paul not be included?

In answer to the original question;

...someone you have the utmost respect for everything they have done.

I fancy not even Les Paul himself would rank "Mockingbird Hill" as one of the all-time greats...

Tra-la-laaaa Tweedly-de-de.

#-o

In answer to the original question;

I fancy not even Les Paul himself would rank "Mockingbird Hill" as one of the all-time greats...

Tra-la-laaaa Tweedly-de-de.

[biggrin]

HAHAHAHAHA...well...for me, "everything they've done" would include developing one of the most successful guitars of all time.... multi layered recording....and so much of the recording equipment still in use today...not to mention was a pretty fair guitar player!

...not to mention was a pretty fair guitar player!

I know. I wasn't being too serious.

I recently bought a 4-CD (four hours of music) box set by Les Paul - both him on his own and also with Mary Ford. His playing on some tracks is nothing short of stunning.

I know. I wasn't being too serious.

I recently bought a 4-CD (four hours of music) box set by Les Paul - both him on his own and also with Mary Ford. His playing on some tracks is nothing short of stunning.

When I was very young, I recall that Les Paul & Mary Ford had a show....maybe 10-15 minutes, and they had a short "set-up", like casual chat...then they'd do a song together..... Gads...I wish I'd have paid more attention to those shows, (at the time I was playin' with rubber soldiers, etc.) I was maybe 6 or 7.

When I was very young' date=' I recall that Les Paul & Mary Ford had a show....maybe 10-15 minutes, and they had a short "set-up", like casual chat...then they'd do a song together..... .[/quote']

I never saw it but I've seen quite a few clips from it. Most of the time Les is playing a Black Beauty which must just have been recently released. Mary has one too; it can be seen leaning against the fence! It was 'Listerine' that sponsored the show (I've got the DVD of 'Chasing Sound - The Les Paul Story...). There is a theory that the Les Paul TV was so named to cash in on the popularity of the show!

Archived