Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Jackets for Les Paul?

GuitarJackets

Hello, I'm thinking of making Faux Leopard Fur Guitar Jackets for Les Paul models and am interested to hear comments. Would you consider buying a Leopard fur Guitar Jacket for around $29.99? You can see the prototype at GuitarJackets.com. They install or remove in about 1 minute without the need to remove strings or hardware. They protect against dust, dirt buckles etc and can keep a new guitar looking new or give a new look to an old guitar.

Any comments appreciated,

Thanks

Hello' date=' I'm thinking of making Faux Leopard Fur Guitar Jackets for Les Paul models and am interested to hear comments. Would you consider buying a Leopard fur Guitar Jacket for around $29.99? You can see the prototype at GuitarJackets.com. They install or remove in about 1 minute without the need to remove strings or hardware. They protect against dust, dirt buckles etc and can keep a new guitar looking new or give a new look to an old guitar.

Any comments appreciated,

Thanks[/quote']

[blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink] [blink]

Would I consider buying one? No way in hell! I saw the ad in some magazine, and it was for the guitar jacket and it had some kid who like Justin Bieber (BYE-ber) and he was holding a guitar.

No way [-(

Nice spam by the way. Post pictures of your gear [biggrin]

At least he had the decency to make his username the same as what he was selling, that way we know it's spam. To be fair, spam is typically mass ads copied and pasted though, so I'll give him or her credit for actually typing out the request.

Here's my suggestion, instead of making them look like hokey guitars painted on, get a local artist to design some different patterns and such, it may be recieved a little better than what you've got now, or make some designs yourself. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but you avoid the polarity of people prefering guitar manufacturers.

I'm just trying to be constructive.

Or instead of guitar covers you just sell bags for cables, music books, pedals, etc maybe?

I doubt you'll find many folks around here wanting to hide their instruments under a faux-leopard print cover. Or any other cover, for that matter.

Most here are very pleased - and with good reason - with the look of their instrument. That would go double for any time spent in front of an audience.

I sincerely hope you are doing some serious 'market research' (away from Las Vegas) before you invest heavily in the idea.

You may have more luck over on the Fender Forum.*

* Just Kidding, guys and gals...[-(

"Guitar Jackets were invented by Marcus Silver of the band SilverSteel after he discovered his red guitar would look pink under stage lights. Realizing that pink is not really a very good color for a Heavy Metal band, Marcus started thinking about a way to change the image of his guitar and the idea for the Guitar Jacket was born."

It's alright Marcus.. your secret is safe with us [biggrin]

hello-kitty-jacket.jpg

Archived