Gibson Brands Forums

Memorial Day Wknd plans?

jimmiJAMM

Heading out to The Hamptons for some surf, sun & fun! Nice to get outta the city for a few days and unwind. Can't wait to bust a few cold brews with my girl and enjoy a much needed break and some quality time with good friends.

God bless America!

Wife working so I may hop in the jeep and cruise the music stores to look at walls of guitars.

Just lookin' mind you. I did have some cash set aside for a new amp but had to help my son when he experienced some car trouble. The new amp was put on hold. Oh well.

Friday I'm going to some punk rock show, and Saturday I've got band practice, then I want to watch game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals. Sunday I'd like to relax, maybe go to brunch with my girl, and drink some beers later. Monday I'll probably go out to my mom and dad's place and hang out. I should clean my apartment, but f*%# it.

Big weekend: My family and my girlfriend's family are meeting for the first time. I've met her mom and she's met my parents, but it's the first time they will be meeting each other. Any advice? [biggrin]

Dammit, every time I get close to buying another guitar, something gets in the way. If this weekend goes as planned, I am pretty sure I will have to delay my next guitar purchase for a trip to the jewelry store. If THAT goes well...well, my Alvarez-Yairi and SG Classic will have to last me! [cool]

My daughter has her softball all star tournament this weekend.... The coaches drew straws and of course I have to work the friggin snack bar a total of four hours the following day (Sunday)..... [biggrin]

Off to Grandmas BBQ on Monday

Big weekend: My family and my girlfriend's family are meeting for the first time. I've met her mom and she's met my parents' date=' but it's the first time they will be meeting each other. Any advice? [confused']

Dammit, every time I get close to buying another guitar, something gets in the way. If this weekend goes as planned, I am pretty sure I will have to delay my next guitar purchase for a trip to the jewelry store. If THAT goes well...well, my Alvarez-Yairi and SG Classic will have to last me! [biggrin]

No 'pretty sure' to it. You've met her 'rents and she's met your 'rents. That right there is almost a foregone conclusion. But the 'rents meetin' the 'rents? Yup, the women folk are pickin' out china patterns. [biggrin]

Better get the next / last guit-box for a while bought this summer.

Me, I'm going to do some body work on the Saturn. I turned a little too short getting into the drive last winter and rode up on a frozen snow bank, cracking the front door. Yup, cracked, It has composite doors. I'm thinking some epoxy and some sort of metal bar to reinforce the crack..... I'll let you know how it turns out. That and a 2 year old raccoon injury to the nose.

Then my we're going to a Car Show which also has a craft fair to sell some of my wife's china dolls. I might even get out the grill. Then some much deserved hammock time. [biggrin]

Woohoo...now this weekend I have a long weekend.....Saturday i'm going to a wedding, but the rest of the weekend is wide open for playing guitar, video games...and whatever else can get me out of yardwork. Crap I probably have to do some yardwork.

My twin sons are graduating from High School Friday night. We are having a party for them Sunday. May take in Rib America in downtown St. Louis. Have Monday off on holiday and Tuesday vacation. Got the pool opened last weekend so I may take a dip. Of course I will get some Les Paul time in also. Jamming with the twins.

I've got two very differnt gigs this weekend.

Saturday it's my rock band playing a huge biker party in Southern MD.

Monday it's my beach/acoustic band playing a nice little Tiki bar on the Chesapeake Bay.

It's seems like it's either feast or famine when it comes to getting gigs. Right now, I'm enjoying the feast[cool]

Archived