Gibson Brands Forums

Tell the truth

that was very cool !! was cool seeing George there, and the Dude from Saturday Night Live, a great player in his own right, must have been really honored to be with that gang of guys,,, not a great Clapton solo though LOL very cool and thanks for sharing !!

I wudda had the time of my life - that tune is on my all time top 10. In fact I paused it and hauled the Ric out of it's case just to play along. That particular version is the editted one - in the original Dylan is pretty much unintelligible (even for Dylan). When it was re-released all of a sudden you can hear and understand him. thanks for posting - it made my night! The whole concert was pretty good (Dylan's 30th anniversary concert for anyone who doesn't know).

That's an interesting DVD. It's from Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Celebration concert.

All the artists played nothing but Dylan songs, all night long, in their own styles. Some

really nice versions, too. Neil Young nicknamed the concert "Bob Fest!" ;>)

CB

I can't see it. Just get a message saying it's blocked in my country due to copyright violations.

Same thing in the UK.

Sony refuse to allow it to be shown blah...blah...blah...

Spoilsports.

I'd be scared' date=' but I don't have bladder control issues. [/quote']

DAS your signature is obnoxious....would you prefer people call you out on your poor spelling and grammar in threads or in PM?

If COC was trying to be a ****, he wouldn't have PM'd you.

Don't know about "peeing my pants' date='" but it would have been an honor...and a real "kick" to

have been invited/included, in that bunch!

CB[/quote']

+100 - I think I'd beg to be the bass player. Why throw my average guitar chops into that mix when you could have the honor of laying a foundation for the greats to play on?

And I liked Young's solo better than Clapton's... and was surprised to find I like Clapton's singing as well or better than anyone's.

You can tell they're all having fun, though, which is fun to see. Thanks for sharing.

My heart began to melt when George Harrison took the mic. [smile] I love his voice.

I thought Neil's solo sounded pretty nice--and I don't think I saw anyone "stop and laugh," but I'll take another look at the video just to make sure. I happen to love his lead style. Of course, you're not cool unless you rip on Neil Young [biggrin] , so I guess I can't blame you for it.

I liked Eric's solo too, but not nearly as much. I was pretty sure I saw Steve Cropper on that stage--right behind Bob--I wonder why they didn't hand him a solo. He would've torn it up, for sure.

So, yeah, I would be excited. Not pissing myself, because like all of us my bladder control is fine, but definitely awestruck and unable to speak--or play for that matter!

EDIT: OK, so I watched Neil's bit again. I think I saw Roger McGuinn giggle a bit, but that was about it. It also looked like near the end Tom Petty was encouraging him. And then Neil smiled and laughed when he was done. It looked like he was having fun. Can you fault him for it?

Clapton's solo was fine. It's his style. I always enjoy Neil's work...as it's fitting, to what He does, as well.

It's unique, and fun. In some ways, it's like Dylan's vocals (especially in his youth)...just somehow fits the

song. And, I agree that EC's voice is great, these days. It has the mellowness and grit, that's quite fitting

for what he does, but works well, in other genre's, too. As to griinning or laughing...I would have been doing

a lot, of both...just with excitement, and the fun of being there. And, what can I say, about "George!" He

was, in his own way, a "genious," and even more importantly, a great human being! Sure do miss him!

CB

Don't know if there is a clip of this, but Clapton's cover of 'Don't Think Twice' from the same concert is unbelievable. A lot of good performances, but that one really stuck out. It's worth taking a listen if you haven't heard it.

This isn't a matter of guitar pickin' ego, but I think I'd likely be a little less intimidated 'cuz when you're over 60, who the heck expects much outa you anyway? And among a bunch of guys in the same age group, you could blow it and all have a good laugh at your own expense.

EDIT: I find it interesting how McGuin's 12-string is the foundation for the rest of the piece regardless who's doing what.

m

This isn't a matter of guitar pickin' ego' date=' but I think I'd likely be a little less intimidated 'cuz when you're over 60, who the heck expects much outa you anyway? And among a bunch of guys in the same age group, you could blow it and all have a good laugh at your own expense.

EDIT: I find it interesting how McGuin's 12-string is the foundation for the rest of the piece regardless who's doing what.

m

[/quote']

I've seen EC, many times, over the years...in all conditions...and he's never failed to impress.

As with anyone, some of his performances were merely great, while other's were "unbelievable!"

He has nothing to prove, and still puts on a great show!

I've been a Roger McGuinn fan, since he was "Jim!" ;>) A lot of what he does, on his Ric, you almost

have to listen to, through headphones, to get the full effect. He really IS a master, of that instrument,

as well as all the others, he plays.

CB

Archived