Gibson Brands Forums

Thing on this les paul

ruckus100

oh cuz I saw randy rhoads on a video flip it baack and forth in a rapped motion and it made a cool sound

Randy was using it as a kill switch. You turn the volume of whatever pup you are NOT using to "0"

Then, when you hit middle postion of the pickup selector it kills the sound.

I just dont believe if you play guitar, how can you not know what that switch is? Theres no way you a have 3 other electrics and you dont know what the damn pickup switch is... ( all people need to do is research a lil..before posting these threads..)

I just dont believe if you play guitar' date=' how can you not know what that switch is? Theres no way you a have 3 other electrics and you dont know what the damn pickup switch is... ( all people need to do is research a lil..before posting these threads..)[/quote']

Believe it or not there are lots of people that play guitar (or at least try) and have no idea what that thing is for, or the knobs.

Really. I'm teaching now and most of my students are boys and girls who have been studying guitar for a couple of years, well 80% of them don't know a thing about the guitar they own, most ask exactly that: what's that thing?

Because of that I've added 3 new modules that goe all over such stuff: parts of the guitar and what they are used for, types of guitar, "classic"/legendary models, known brands, those who made history, innovators and innovations, and so on.

No one was born knowing. Not even us in the oh so great and helpful gibson forum. [blink]

Archived