Gibson Brands Forums

What is your least-favorite headstock?

heymisterk

I vote for The Heritage:

30U-15451_headstock-front-1.jpg

I think they look especially bad on their LP style guitars. Too bad, because I really love the idea of owning a Heritage and love the story of the company...and the prices. But whenever I am about to pull the trigger and buy one, I am held back by that flaccid-looking headstock.

How about you?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree that Heritage is a pretty bad headstock. But, it's probably hard for any maker since the 70's to come up with a design that isn't copying an existing style, but doesn't look too goofy.

While I think the Fender headstock is classic, the CBS variant was not one of my favs. So why would you want to take that design to a ridiculous extreme? I guess you can use it to open your beer bottles in a pinch. [cool]

guitar_headstock_2201.jpg

Hey mods, what's wrong with ridiculous???

While I think the Fender headstock is classic' date=' the CBS variant was not one of my favs. So why would you want to take that design to a ridi****us extreme? I guess you can use it to open your beer bottles in a pinch. [cool']

guitar_headstock_2201.jpg

Hey mods, what's wrong with ridi****us???

Actually it's the other way 'round. THAT is the original design (Bigsby's)

Headstocks are low priority for me when looking at guitars....in that, i don't REALLY care what it looks like....however, those big *** DEAN V headstocks are a little extreme...

Some good examples of bad headstocks in this thread...hehehe

parker fly head stock' date=' [/quote']

I agree - the Parker looks well, limited.

I also don't like the little club-foot looking, fisty thing on the Gibson (whatever) pointy guitar.

Well then - this one: (edit - djroge1 beat me to it)

GibsonModerne1.jpg

Archived