Gibson Brands Forums

What is your least-favorite headstock?

heymisterk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I urped a little bit - 'specially when thinking about that headstock on an acoustic.

But you're right - to each his own...

They use diffrent ones for acoustics if im correct.

Well on most of them.

Does the paint on your car make it go Faster? Does the Collar on your shirt make it more comfortable? Does the Ruffley Fringe around a Patio Umbrella make it block the sun better?

"Stage" means "Show", "Show" means Look and Listen. "Look" is very important to the audience and should therefore be important to the performer.

Does the paint on your car make it go Faster? Does the Collar on your shirt make it more comfortable? Does the Ruffley Fringe around a Patio Umbrella make it block the sun better?

"Stage" means "Show"' date=' "Show" means Look and Listen. "Look" is very important to the audience and should therefore be important to the performer. [/quote']

and mostly means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and mostly means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's right. The audience paid $$$$$$$$$$$. Maybe for a cover charge, certainly for overpriced drinks. The least we can do is deliver them a product that makes it worth their money and time. Not to mention it has to be "worth it" for the the Venue Owner/Manager.

The romantic idea of "Doing it for the Love of it" is an important place to start. I believe a musician should want to play music whether they gets paid or not. However, if you want to keep the drummer, he has to be able to buy new skins. The Bass Payer will be needing stings. If the band can't maintain itself with it's own income, it becomes an expensive Hobby that Most Drummers aren't willing to pay for. You have to keep the Band Happy.

I'm not very big on the Dean headstocks mainly because I have seen alot of them where the strings are touching the tuning posts below it. That can be a tuning problem worse than a nut that is cut wrong IMHO.

Rewd.

If you know how to properly wrap three-on-a-side tuners' date=' that shouldn't be an issue[biggrin']

If you know how to properly wrap three-on-a-side tuners' date=' that shouldn't be an issue[biggrin']

SG FAN not sure what you are getting at but the strings were properly wrapped. The headstock was made wrong. BTW I don't own a Dean. I was just at the music store and observed that 3 of approx. 12 guitars had that issue of the strings on the 2nd post were touching the posts below and they (yes) were properly wound. I commented to the owner and he said that some just come in that way. Poor quality control in the east.

SG FAN not sure what you are getting at but the strings were properly wrapped. The headstock was made wrong. BTW I don't own a Dean. I was just at the music store and observed that 3 of approx. 12 guitars had that issue of the strings on the 2nd post were touching the posts below and they (yes) were properly wound. I commented to the owner and he said that some just come in that way. Poor quality control in the east.

I stand corrected' date=' but I'm sensing some hostillity, why??[lol BTW I do own one, and don't have that problem, and it's a cheap one, it was my first guitar, so I still have it.

IMG_0339.jpg

Archived