Gibson Brands Forums

Mel giving Gibson a bad name

dROK83

I thought this guy couldn't stick his foot any further into his mouth, but he's done it. I guess more tapes were leaked showing just how deep Mel's hatred for Jews go. On top of that, phone conversations of him threatening to kill an ex-girlfriend have surfaced as well.

You know, I've enjoyed many of his movies in the past, and think he is a great actor. But I would have a hard time supporting any recent movies of his, or purchasing any past movies.

He should have to change his last name, so Gibson is only associated with quality made guitars, and not a drunk abusive racist.

Apparently he's as much of a moron as are a lot of folks who don't have the benefit of the spotlight.

Yea tons of people do spout off on some racist bs. Of course, this doesn't give ol' Mel a pass, by any means. It should also be said that Mel did as much for the mullet as anybody. I don't know if this makes you love him more or hate him more. Mad Max and whatnot. Tinfoil hats.

Yea tons of people do spout off on some racist bs. Of course' date=' this doesn't give ol' Mel a pass, by any means. It should also be said that Mel did as much for the mullet as anybody. I don't know if this makes you love him more or hate him more. Mad Max and whatnot. Tinfoil hats.[/quote']

Got no love for morons, whether in the spotlight or not.

The woman is a gold digger.

That rant was a private ordeal.....gee' date=' I wonder how it got released and why?[/quote']

Agreed 100%.

But saying stupid sh!t like that, with such force and conviction - if somebody records it....

One of the few actors who was not on my boycott list over the years, guess that's changed now.

Putting money in their pockets is the best way to reward asinine celebrity behavior.

I vote 'NO' with my wallet.

Whoopie still likes him, that must count for something.

Maybe I'm a conscienceless consumer, but I really don't care if Mel is a Racist. I don't care that Bing Crosby beat his kids. I don't Care that Ozzie Nelson was a Merciless Task Master, I don't care that John Wayne was a Conservative, I don't Care that Bono is a Liberal, I generally don't care about celebrities personal lives.

As long Mel is entertaining, I could care less about his shortcoming.

I'm actually a little tired of expecting entertainers to be Roll Models, specially Roll Models for fully grown adults.

Whoopie still likes him' date=' that must count for something.

Maybe I'm a conscienceless consumer, but I really don't care if Mel is a Racist. I don't care that Bing Crosby beat his kids. I don't Care that Ozzie Nelson was a Merciless Task Master, I don't care that John Wayne was a Conservative, I don't Care that Bono is a Liberal, I generally don't care about celebrities personal lives.

As long Mel is entertaining, I could care less about his shortcoming.

I'm actually a little tired of expecting entertainers to be Roll Models, specially Roll Models for fully grown adults. [/quote']

But he's still a moron.

That's exactly what I don't care about.

It wasn't a moral judgment.

If we had to get all righteous about everything and everybody, there'd be very little to enjoy.

But he's still a moron for putting himself in the position to be talked about, if nothing else.

I'm actually a little tired of expecting entertainers to be Roll Models

I don't care what they do if they keep it private and don't harm anyone.

Once they become a public spectacle and poster child for stupidity' date=' I [i']still [/i]don't really care.

I simply refuse to contribute financially to assist them in the act.

Cut off the money and their career will wither on the vine and die.

Suits me just fine.

Oh, and I do seem to recall everybody on the forum (and other forums too) coming out of the woodwork to assault, disparage, castigate and insult to their heart's content every time I mention Ted Nugent.

Or Rush Limbaugh.

Or Sarah Palin.

Even for fun....

#-o[-(:-({|= :-

Double Standard is alive and well - especially among those who consider themselves so "tolerant" by nature.

What did these people do to inspire such hatred in people they've never met?

:-k[crying][lol][blink]

Oh' date=' and I do seem to recall everybody on the forum (and other forums too) coming out of the woodwork to assault, disparage, castigate and insult to their heart's content every time I mention Ted Nugent.

Or Rush Limbaugh.

Or Sarah Palin.

[/quote']

Not me, Neo.

[lol]

Archived