Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Customer Service Team Forum Involvement

iddude

I've noticed over the last month or so a number of Gibson Customer Service members getting involved in various topics in the forums. Anybody else notice this? Maybe I just didn't notice their posts previously. It's great they're getting involved in the forum.

Nice turn of events.

I never understood why Gibson was so dead-set against employees posting here.

Industrial espionage?

Trade secrets?

Proprietary information?

Anytime the consumer can get info from the guys who actually put their hands on stuff for a living is a bonus.

Managers and customer service opinions are only worth so much, give me the guy with dirty fingernails.

It's f-ing great! The perfect move to counter the cynics like myself, and a step in the right direction. It's of prime importance that potential customers (1st time and repeat alike) perceive that Gibson cares, whether they own one or not.

I asked the question, I was thinking that maybe since the Gibson USA plant is closed due to the flooding management had asked employees to come in here but I was told that was not the reason which makes sense since there are Gibson employees in Europe posting in here as well.

I think from what I've seen here, the guys actually know what a fingerboard might be used for when attached to a half-rounded chunk of board. <grin>

Seriously, I think it's okay. Even if all they can do on certain topics is explain the corporate line, that's better than some times in the past when folks here were trying to figure out what the corporate line might be.

And - hey, on certain questions such as, "is this model still being made," or "I had this problem and how can I get it corrected," it can't get much better than here.

Seriously, this morning I got hit at work with a "has anybody heard about" question that was really easy for me to answer and even get some web references for. But if you didn't already have an idea of what you were looking for, it'd have been extremely difficult to know enough even to "google." It's the same sorta thing.

It's potentially also a two-way street. If everybody here tends to agree that "X" kind of binding is a problem... maybe that's a good message for corporate to know.

m

I like it too, but I would really like to see some of the actual people who make the guitars post here and chime in when appropriate. Would be nice to talk to the guys and gals that make those beautiful guitars.

A little how to know how from the masters...

I can understand why the corporate higher ups might be worried about employees posting to Gibson Forums. You can sometimes never know how even the most simple statement might come back to bite you. A Gibson employee's post to the forum might be taken as an official Gibson statement, and that is something they would want to keep a tight control over. It's not like a talking conversation where the words are gone after they're spoken (unless of course it's recorded).

They probably want anything that will go out in front of the public to be run past a lawyer first :-

Archived