Gibson Brands Forums

What gives with the SoCal summer?????

duane v

My heart bleeds for your "plight" in California with beaches and pools only being used a few times.

You come to Nova Scotia and swim in the Atlantic, that'll put some hair on your chest and it'll also make it so you can go to the beach regardless of the weather. I'll be happy to be your tour guide! There's a sandcastle competition at Clam Harbour every year in late August too. :)

It's been a mild summer here in Colorado as well. I shouldn't speak too soon thought.. sometimes August can be the hottest month.

Mild? We have been in the upper 90's for most of July and only a little rain. I want some major thunder storms and rain!

In the state of Misery or Missouri however you spell it. We had 2 weeks of spring, then it's been temps in the upper 80's to upper 90's with humidity levels staying close to 100. We are also in a drought. Hasn't rained in over 4 weeks. I'll trade you any day for the weather you are getting Duane.

Rewd

It's really freakin' hot here in Texas. It's been hot all summer and this week it's supposed to be in the 100's all week.

I hear ya Tman, it's 97 here right at the moment w/ high humdity about 97%. You get wet just going outside for 5 minutes.

Mild? We have been in the upper 90's for most of July and only a little rain. I want some major thunder storms and rain!

Really? Not where I'm at.... 70's and 80's have been more average. Both my kids have had baseball/softball games in the evening throughout June and July... and most nights were pretty cool... some downright cold.

At any rate.. yes.. I love me a good thunderstorm. I wish we'd have more.

We've barely been above 90 twice this year. It did get to 100 a little while ago, but that was just two days of hot. The Mountains are still beautiful, we've been having Rain and a little Thunder this last week, making the Trees Green and the Lake full.

Love The Mountains In Southern California, We get it all. Summer Fun on the Lake, Skiing and Boarding in the Winter. :-s

+1,000 Cookieman. I'm with ya. I could do without our humidity though!

None of us should really complain, the gulf has it way worse than any of us. It's a effin' tragedy down there.

We had 25 days in July that were over 80 degrees here in BUFFALO, NY! Yep, that's right, Buffalo where some people think it snows during the entire year. Summers here are absolutely the best in the country. The humidity is not bad with bright sunny days. Can't complain at all...

Really? Not where I'm at.... 70's and 80's have been more average. Both my kids have had baseball/softball games in the evening throughout June and July... and most nights were pretty cool... some downright cold.

At any rate.. yes.. I love me a good thunderstorm. I wish we'd have more.

I'm north of Denver. Are you in the mountains?

Been unusually warm and wet here in the mid-west. I'd like to compare that to the rest of the country, but my Television reception has been curtailed to nearly none by the FCC. #-o My internet news sources haven't been talking about "July being the warmest month on record" as they've been otherwise occupied by other world events.

Global warming!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTimmgGwVTl_84JThZy6IF8HFy1vLZ4AlNckjzjHiUhYImtzo&t=1&usg=__nv_JWKUhBWjxszBfH1VpXew1fA4=

People like to joke about global "warming" bringing about cooler summers somewhere - especially here in California - but this is exactly what "climate change" is. Much of the US us experiencing unusually hot weather.

Archived