Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Zakk Wylde ZV Custom

Growler

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. #-o

Just when you thought Dean had tried every possible hideous mixture of two different Gibson body styles, Epi goes and finds an even more hideous combination. I think I'll get the bullseye one... it should at least be good for target practice. With a tank.

Ughhh! Another Bullseye design from the Zakster.

I generally like Customs and points on guitars.

But I get a stomach ache looking at those offerings.

Im sure these will be $800-$1000 new as well.

If only Epi would just upgrade their existing models with better Electronics and a case. Then their current designs(Studios,Standards,Customs,etc..) would sell like crazy.

But what do I know.

LOLZ.

I think they need to drug test the design department!#-o

This isn't even a new design! Dean has been selling these "Split Tails" for years. The only thing that Epiphone got away with was evening up the top two horns SG style.

So with this mess and the Apparition (which kinda looks good by comparison' date=' I think we have a pretty compelling argument for where Epi feels their market is (or at least [i']hopes[/i] that it is!).

MIDI

I think they need to drug test the design department!:-k

I'm going with this conclusion as well. #-o

If anyone out there thought that Epiphone wasn't courting the 16-year-old player' date=' let me rest my case. Gibsons are for old farts like us. Guess it's time to join that Gibson forum.

Dean guitars are starting to look better to me now.[/quote']

You sure about that? Then how do you explain this??? :-k

9815731417270252cdcqb6.jpg

Radical designs usually dont go over well at first, sorta like the Explorer and the Flying V in '58 alng with even the Firebird later I have been told.... But, this thing is ugly... if I wanted a bc rich or dean I'd buy one.. If they are gonna do something like that how about something actually original?? Not everything is gonna appeal to everyone across the spectrum, but at least try a bit....

Hmmmmmm, ...... what to say ??? First off, I generally hate the whole "bullseye" thang on most any guitar....... I generally dislike "odd" (to me) shapes - prefer "classic," "normal" (to me) shapes, i.e. LPs, SGs, Teles, Strats - no super pointy guits here, thanks...... BUT, for some disturbing reason, this God-forsaken design looks kind of OK with the bullseye - it might be just the guitar for SOMEone..... but not me #-o If you stood it upright, it looks kind of like a weird Pokemon kinda creation, or something.... what do I know ????

But, yeah, agreeing with several posts above..... Epi/Gibby kill off the Elitists and come out with this abortion of a guitar ???? I dunno, man...I dunno:-k

All punning aside and as stated before, Epiphone is trying to get a bigger piece of the guitar market, which means appealing to the metal shredders. These are unlikely to be old geezers like most of us seem to be and will be a younger demographic more willing to part with money on a whim. I too lament the demise of the Elitists. As has also been stated, I think Epiphone at this time is going after the lower cost mass production environment and leaving the higher end to Gibson.

Archived