Gibson Brands Forums

pinch me pt. II the pics

motowntom

Hello all, didnt mean to start a morality war on a guitar site but it is what it is, now back to the reason I joined. the pics show the true color when using the flash, with out it looks kinda cherry burst, but in reality is more of a light tobaco/lemon burst. got to inspect it closer this evening and it has one 1/16" cl

hip on the top of the headstock. besides that perfect. no checking at all. the nesk really suprised me, I have smallish hand for a guy 6,1" and it is very narrow and quite thin. the truss rod needs nothing as far as adj. but the 43 y.o. flatwounds are strange feeling. the action is lower that my les paul dc, and i have never played one this low without fret buzz. plugged in this thing is LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! through a vox tonelab le + peavy bandit. I hope you all enjoy the pics and info, I have always dreamed of a guitar like this mostly because i needed a hollow bodt to record with. as far as morality goes, he made me the offer, and i bet 70% off you would have taken him up on it, this guit. has been risen from its coffin(litteraly) to once again do what is was built for, to play "rock-n-roll" cheers T.N.T.

http://s702.photobucket.com/albums/ww22/tnt1959/

yep its very loud, through my set up its 1/3 louder than the les paul, anyone near motown with a great amp let me know and we;ll get together and post our review.

the p-90s are not as bright as i thought they might but i have never had a guit. with them. the low action is what got me, i didnt think you could get that low without

loss of tone, i will see if it stays that way when i change the strings, great to be on board, i havn;t joined one befor. cheers

Sigh.......Beautiful, Beautiful. Lucky %*!$#@%!?! =D> =D> [-o<

Ok, that does it - I'm going to follow every old guy I see home and

ask him if he has a guitar under his bed!!!!!!! (Then RUN before the

COPS get there!).

Congratulations on a once-in-a-lifetime score! And welcome to the FORUM!!!!

Normally newbies don't come in with such an uproar!!!! heh, heh, heh.....

a 77 year old man who goes to eBay? I don't think so.... He's probably happy to have gotten rid of it. Now he can stash his rare Baseball Cards from the 40's under his bed and give it to some kid for 1$ each :D

Come on... It's not like he's been hugging that guitar all day long.

Enjoy that guitar! You're a lucky man and I hope you'll have many years of fun playing this thing! It looks like freaking new!!!!!! It's unbelievable... I've never seen a Vintage guitar in such a mint condition!

I'm still waiting for my 1959 Gibson Es-355 in cherry red to appear in some dusty attic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ](*,)

JM

Next question:

Should it be played and undoubtedly get worn and damaged over the next 40 years or should it be kept in 'as new' condition for all eternity?

Third option........

Sell it to The Edge or Paul Weller for a mint.

thank you everyone for all the comments, both+ and - its great to be the protagonist of a lively debate. that was not my intention, i have been a lurking, vintage guitar guy with out a vintage guitar for years. the guitar will be well cared for and played often, by myself and fellow musicians that are my friends. lastly the gentleman that i got the guit. from is a well educated man of means, and got more enjoyment out of the fact that he got to negotiate a little deal, than he ever got from this guitar. cheers T.N.T.

o

Archived