Gibson Brands Forums

23 dollar Les Paul

Steven Tari

My wife and I were out shopping today. It's our favorite time of the year, School's back in. Anyway, were at Target, And like usual I head over to see if their having any sells on musical insterments. At first I thought someone had gone crazy when I heard these two boys talken about getting a LP for 23 dollars. So I followed them to the next Isle and there they were, Fender Strats,Flying V's and Les Pauls all for 23 dollars. They were having an indepth conversation on the one they were going to get. (They were made of cardboard). When I asked I found out it's not cool anymore to have a air guitar unless it's made of cardboard. I guess things have changed, in my day air guitars were made of air and free,(Also on the first day I would have been in school). Now you have to have a paper guitar and it cost 23 dollars. Also they were having a difference in what was the better guitar Gibson or Fender. WOW. even in cardboard guitars the question is who's better Gibson or Fender. I just wonder which one sounded better? [rolleyes]

I admit to having made a cardboard Explorer after I saw a picture of the '76 re-issue. I even made, for my childhood teddy-bear, a small card Strat which 'plugged in' to a cardboard amp via a length of wool!

It had a great tone...

My buddies and I would crank open the casement windows on either side of the RCA Console Stereo with a 45 rpm vinyl disk on....probably School's Out or Free Ride and play air guitar with plastic tennis rackets and plastic baseball bats. We lived in a townhouse that backed onto our school yard (grade 5) and we would put on our version of a rock 'n roll show. Great topic that brought back some fond memories!

Gibson's new cardboard guitars are very low quality and there is no qc department. I wont play one one unless it has exact 59 specs anyway.

All Gibson's cardboard guitars have been weight-relieved since 2007.

The R9's, however, are made from Brazillian MDF.

The paper guitar might make a good wall hanging, but at $23.00 it'd better be good.

And here... they ... are:

Paper Jamz

http://www.target.com/s?keywords=paper+jamz&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0

[laugh] [laugh] [lol] [lol] [lol][laugh] [laugh]

Scroll down... That ain't the half of it. For the low, low price of 14.99, you can get one of several makes of paper... amplifiers [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

At least the Les Paul is "Style 1".

I remember seeing those a couple of weeks back when in the US. I kept going back to that line (I think it was either in publix or walmart) and I couldn't make up a good excuse for those to exist and be on sale there. Thundergoddess then realized I was looking at them and asked me what they were. I just scratched my head and said I had no idea.

It's good to know I'm not crazy or something and imagined all the episodie. It's good to know that it's the world that's gone to hell. [scared]

Archived