Gibson Brands Forums

sitting on top of the world...

S t e v e

My standard answer to any Steve-josh-lay Gary Moore thread -

He's okay.

I'm not a fan, but I would listen to his music if it was playing.

I'm definitely not a rabid evangelistic fan, spending countless hours trying to convert everyone in the world into Gary Moore lovers.

Give everyone here a break and take your message door to door like a Jehovah's Witness . . [flapper]

Your posts on other subjects are just fine.

Rapunzzle Rapunzzle throw out the gary moore fan boy before we fillet him

I would not say that to a member who is well liked on here, it only brings yourself lower on the chain. If you are nice to people on here they'll be nice to you. We've already gone through enough new guys like you in the past few weeks. [sneaky]. Trust me, I know you must have "new forum jitters" but trying to be bigger than the veterans gets you shot.

I listened to it again, I do like his guitar in it after sitting back and taking a little more time to not be to judgmental and take it as a good song.

Steve-josh-lay, First I want to say thanks for sharing this video with the rest of us. I was in Junior High School when Cream was really beginning

to make it. I remember listening to the live version of "Sitting On Top of the World" off of Goodbye Cream and being totally blown away (as opposed to the

studio version on Wheels of Fire). And gsgbass I totally agree with you. People have to put aside their comparison of Eric Clapton verse Gary Moore

in playing the guitar part. Both are great guitar players, but each approaches this song with their own style and interpretation. That's what improvising is

all about. This video shows more seasoned, laid back musicians, playing an old blues standard, as opposed to three younger man trying to outplay each other egotistically, as in the days of Cream playing live. Both Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce seemed more composed than egotistical in this video and allowed Gary

to be himself, and enjoying playing with him rather than thinking, well this isn't Eric Clapton.

And all you Gary Moore bashers, cut Steve some slack. I notice sometimes he gets a little over-zealous (just kidding Steve), but I wouldn't mind having Gary

Moore's talent and being able to share the stage with some of the best musicians in the world and it seems, at least in this video, that he does it with

humility.

Archived