Gibson Brands Forums

how are you all today?

S t e v e

so...what has today brought to you? i went out this morning with my 6 yr old son to see my mums new cat [biggrin], came home after and played mario kart on the wii with my boy, then watched a bit of tv and now just chilling out in front of the pc with a vodka or two...got a bottle of bailys for later aswell B)

how's your day been?

a man of many words [biggrin]

Oh, life's grand, a nurse is coming over to my house today to take some blood from me and the wifey (new life insurance), been playing with dudes and dudettes lots the last two weeks (4 x's a week), I'm resting right now, house is clean, dogs are sleeping, nice peace and quiet. That nuff for ya Stevenator?? [rolleyes]

Going well. Went out and bought a set of elixer 10s to replace the gibson signature gauge strings on my les paul. I couldnt feel the higher strings with my fingers using the gibson signature guange. Much better now. Now to spend the rest of the day practicing and messing around on the guitars and watch the college games.

Good of you to ask Steve,

Washed some windows, removed a couple of air conditioners, played with the dogs while my wife is out becoming even more beautiful.

On our way to my brother's place to meet up with family and pig out on some turkey. No leftovers this way but my wife has a fix. She's cooking up another bird for me tomorrow. I'm a huge turkey fan.

Happy thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians.

Dave

Can't get motivated. I'd rather work on getting my callouses bone-deep. But the dishes have piled up and there's a funny smell coming from the catbox. Must. Put. The. Guitar. DOWN.

Oh and I ran over some kid's stuffed animal today. Not my fault. Neighbors were having a garage sale butt-up against my driveway. Some kid had dropped her froggie or something and I squished it while pulling out of the driveway. I felt genuinely bad. [crying]

I bought a Champion 600 last night. I've been wanting one for a while now for some reason. The idea of modding it sounded like fun. I've been farting around with it most of the day. Finally took apart my VT30 and removed all the picks that had slipped though the panel into the circuitry.

I mowed the lawn earlier.. got slapped with some nasty allergies. I think it's best to stay away from yardwork from now on :D

Beautiful Day. Cleaned Horses stalls, mowed around the hay field, picked up feed. Came back in the house around 1:00 and just quit playing my new ES-339. Now time to think about getting ready for a Company Dinner tonight for all with 10 plus years of seniority. Doesn't get much better than today.

so...what has today brought to you? i went out this morning with my 6 yr old son to see my mums new cat [biggrin], came home after and played mario kart on the wii with my boy, then watched a bit of tv and now just chilling out in front of the pc with a vodka or two...got a bottle of bailys for later aswell B)

how's your day been?

You'll need a vodka or 3 to use a pc....

A poet and don't know it....

Mac all the way.

Wow all you old guys working all day! msp_flapper.gif Yuck! msp_thumbdn.gif

So far I haven't really done much. Got up, got on my computer to check facebook and the forums, played some Battlefield Bad Company 2, now I'm about to play my guitar for the next hour or so. Then I'll probably go out driving since I just got my license and driving is pretty fun. Come back home, eat some dinner, play my guitar some more, then probably some more Bad Company 2, then who knows what else.

Sounds like a pretty good day to me! msp_thumbup.gif

I just built a 2x12. It's stained pine and the speaker grille is purple velvet. It is biscuit jointed and holds a Eminence Texas Heat and Celestion G12t-75 It still needs the input jacks, a handle a few more coats of poly, and legs. Do'nt worry I'll post picks when it is done.

I'm in Piacenza, Italy.

I woke up at 6am this morning (11pm last night in Corpus Christi), took a shower, had breakfast, and went to work.

Came back to the hotel several hours later. Went to the supermarket to get something to eat (restaurants are EXPENSIVE over here), then took a nap.

Now I'm online.

All in all, I've had worse Saturdays.

I have my Traveler Speedster with me, along with a Smokey amp, and a Vox Amplug "AC30" and the little Amplug cabinet. Headphones, too. At least I get to noodle around a bit.

Can't complain.

ETA:

FWIW, I discovered that the Smokey makes an interesting fuzz-box on a headphone amp.

Today is a nice lazy day for me. Last Two Days we had House Guests and a Clogged Kitchen Sink.

Last Night I finally got the stinking Sink unclogged so there's no plumber here today. The absence of Plumber has me feeling pretty good. In fact I'll be having the house to myself this night so it's all about John Wayne Movies. I might just edit a few videos for the Band, since we're not gigging this weekend (Slow Month :( ) But hey, we have a few lined up in the upcoming weeks, including another Away Game (that's what we call Out of Town gigs) in Mentone at the Mill Creek Cattle Company in Nov. 12th.

Yeah, it's a nice day [biggrin]

Cool thread [thumbup]

The only thing I accomplished today was testing my new multi effects unit thru my headphones as opposed to my Blackstar amp.......quite servicable when I want to keep the setup simple and quiet.

Played the new SG-Std.......a fine guitar, now that i'm used to the 300k v-pots.

Still might go with the "old school" retrofit later...time will tell.

Played the new Amer.Dlx. Strat.......OMG what a guitar! Doesn't need any upgrades, retrogrades, etc., just new(Ernie Ball) strings, as i'm already knocking the nickel plating off the F-brand "Super Bullets" that came on it. (Fender should perhaps leave the strings to another mfgr., these "flagship" strings were kinda crappy).

My football team LOST today......and knowing how the rest of the nation hates BAMA, we'll probably drop out of the top 10 [crying] but, South Carolina beat us fair&square.....they wanted the win more than we did, and it showed.

I hope everyones weekend is as good as the beginning of mine (before football), if not better !!

Pretty much all of it - Mostly lost wax and silversmithing some gold work but it's gotten almost out of the price range for most people again. I also have recently gotten into the PMC silver, bronze and copper for one off pieces. The piece's I'm working on now are a his and her set of gothic designed Claddagh rings that are going to be used as a wedding set. They will look like only somewhat like a traditional Claddagh since they will have skulls instead of hearts.

I do a little bit of most kinds of art mostly Jelwery, Sculpture, Ceramics and Glass work both torch work and blown as well as Stained Glass. I paid my way through college doing art then just did it as a hobby until I retired now it's getting busy again.

Archived