Gibson Brands Forums

How old are we all ?

LT ED

Even at the purely biological, note how many top marathon runners are not exactly teens-and-20s folks. Ditto athletes at most types of sport. I'd say that personally I was at a physical peak for my "sport" in my early to mid 40s - and that's even with training far more hours a day in my 20s and 30s.

m

I feel like I'm getting better as life advances. Then again a recent study showed that those over 50 still think they are looked at and treated like they were at least 15 years younger. I have to agree, I still feel like and feel like people are looking at me like I'm 35. A great age for those of you who are (whom are?).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd not want to be a teen or 20-something in today's world, I think. That's not a joke in any form.

Actually my self image is mid 30s, too - although the 3D topographical map where I once had a face seems to cloud that concept a bit when I shave in the morning. <grin>

m

I'm so old, when I was a kid my mother would me to the stream and beat our loin clothes over my head because rocks weren't invented yet....

Rainbows were black and white.

At my age the best form of birth control if nudity.

When I was a kid the Dead Sea was just getting ill...

We did the 100 yard dash with a sundial...

When I take a walk vultures follow me..

When God said "let there be light" I hit the switch.

I was the bus boy at the Last Supper.

I fart rust...

When I was a kid Radio was silent...

But there are worse things than getting old. I just wish I could remember them..... [scared]

50 and glad I wouldn't even want to be 20 again - I'm retired have a beautiful wife several (cough) years younger than myself, 3 homes in different parts of the country, numerous cars and 70+ really nice guitars why would I want to give that up to be young stressed and only concerned with chasing tail again.

Although things do happen to remind you of your age sometimes - Saturday I went to a gas station to fill my truck as I wanted to run some errands I went in to get a drink and when I came out 3 young men were standing around looking at my 86 Chevrolet Stepside they were oohing and ahhing it and one turned and said what a beautiful truck is it yours I said yep and they started talking about what a classic year it was and on and on and then one said I just love these antique trucks they just don't make them like this now!

[cursing]

Antique my *** I bought that truck new. [scared]

50 and glad I wouldn't even want to be 20 again - I'm retired have a beautiful wife several (cough) years younger than myself, 3 homes in different parts of the country, numerous cars and 70+ really nice guitars why would I want to give that up to be young stressed and only concerned with chasing tail again.

Although things do happen to remind you of your age sometimes - Saturday I went to a gas station to fill my truck as I wanted to run some errands I went in to get a drink and when I came out 3 young men were standing around looking at my 86 Chevrolet Stepside they were oohing and ahhing it and one turned and said what a beautiful truck is it yours I said yep and they started talking about what a classic year it was and on and on and then one said I just love these antique trucks they just don't make them like this now!

[cursing]

Antique my *** I bought that truck new. [scared]

What state do you live in? Down here in Texas people drive trucks older than that to work every day. I see old trucks like that every day at school too. But then again, everyone in Texas drives a truck. msp_flapper.gif

Born in 1981. My maturity level varies. Depends on surroundings and what substance is affecting my brain at the moment as most of you have seen how post-happy I get after a few drinks. When I go camping, I revert to about 12 yrs old. When I am with my kids, my maturity level is either grade school (daddy) or 29 (or appropriate father level).

I could just cut and pasted Mojo's response, [thumbup] 'cept I am 6 years older, 35 here.

What state do you live in? Down here in Texas people drive trucks older than that to work every day. I see old trucks like that every day at school too. But then again, everyone in Texas drives a truck. msp_flapper.gif

Yep lots of older trucks in Arizona also - I guess there's just not a lot of the 1986 Stepside SS models with the 454 cranking 500 horses from the factory

I'm so old, when I was a kid my mother would me to the stream and beat our loin clothes over my head because rocks weren't invented yet....

Rainbows were black and white.

At my age the best form of birth control if nudity.

When I was a kid the Dead Sea was just getting ill...

We did the 100 yard dash with a sundial...

When I take a walk vultures follow me..

When God said "let there be light" I hit the switch.

I was the bus boy at the Last Supper.

I fart rust...

When I was a kid Radio was silent...

But there are worse things than getting old. I just wish I could remember them..... [scared]

Yeah-Yeah-Yeah.. [biggrin][biggrin]

I bet those plays your Mom took you to were the

Opening Nights of Shakespeare's plays at the original Globe Theater

When Methuselah saw you he wanted to know "who the h3ll the old guy was". [flapper][flapper]

Yeah-Yeah-Yeah.. [biggrin][biggrin]

I bet those plays your Mom took you to were the

Opening Nights of Shakespeare's plays at the original Globe Theater

When Methuselah saw you he wanted to know "who the h3ll the old guy was". [flapper][flapper]

Willy Shakespear was the greeter...

Archived