Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson's Revolution

Silenced Fred

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Including electronic advancements and bluetooth, etc. is a natural progression isn't it? Bound to happen and only get better with time. I thought it might include downloadable 3G wireless technology along with a phone app.

When I fly I sure as hell try to avoid propeller planes whenever I can - sure they are tried and true but........

There are and will always be good ole plug and play standard electric guitars out there as long as there's a market - just like tube amps. I say kudos to innovation.

You know you cant put your own pic as the cover replacemnt right?

Yes I do, but it does not always flow and after much work sometimes it all gets deleted when a new iTunes version comes along.

I spent an hour adding covers the other night, they show on iTunes but not on my iPod despite having sync'ed restarted, etc.

You guys must be the "ludites" Henry spoke of.

I wanna check that sweet momma out, but I'm a sucker for tech.

5112655306_1714bc8070_b.jpg

I'm not a luddite; I just said that my music hasn't changed.

What's not to like about a $500 guitar that looks like it's made out of 2 x4s, half of a Pocket Pod, and a $200 paint job with an MSRP of $5,500?

I just...I mean, come on, you don't have to buy it, don't have to like it, but I am so confused as to why exactly this translates to killing the Gibson brand, so on and so forth. I mean, it's not like they have ceased to produce their regular models--new technology and tried-and-true construction are not mutually exclusive. It's not like they can only do one type of instrument. It's also not like the Firebird X is any less of a guitar because of its onboard effects and tech gimmicks.

Sometimes I feel like the whole lot of ya b*tch and moan about things just for the sake of the b*tching and moaning. "Oh no, a new model. Oh, whatever shall we do?" Consider yourselves fortunate that Gibson hasn't moved all production to China (like one of our members so thoughtfully predicted would happen,) or that they haven't merged with Fender. It's a new model, you like it or you don't, but in the end it only affects you if you plan on buying one. Get real here.

Consider yourselves fortunate that Gibson hasn't moved all production to China (like one of our members so thoughtfully predicted would happen,) or that they haven't merged with Fender.

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

I could give a hoot, except for the BS hype.

And I still haven't heard what the giveaways were.

I just...I mean, come on, you don't have to buy it, don't have to like it, but I am so confused as to why exactly this translates to killing the Gibson brand, so on and so forth. I mean, it's not like they have ceased to produce their regular models--new technology and tried-and-true construction are not mutually exclusive.

Gibson promised an "uprising", which was going to "change music"; a "revolutionary event".

But...

Gibson merely unveiled a guitar with built-in effects. That has been done since the 60's. Even Sears and Roebuck had a line of them. The idea isn't new at all.

As a marketing strategy, this is comparable to the fabled Jimi Hendrix signature Gibson: It's another example of Gibson's focus on meaningless Marketing gimmicks. IMO it's fairly insulting to say the least.

I just...I mean, come on, you don't have to buy it, don't have to like it, but I am so confused as to why exactly this translates to killing the Gibson brand, so on and so forth. I mean, it's not like they have ceased to produce their regular models--new technology and tried-and-true construction are not mutually exclusive. It's not like they can only do one type of instrument. It's also not like the Firebird X is any less of a guitar because of its onboard effects and tech gimmicks.

Sometimes I feel like the whole lot of ya b*tch and moan about things just for the sake of the b*tching and moaning. "Oh no, a new model. Oh, whatever shall we do?" Consider yourselves fortunate that Gibson hasn't moved all production to China (like one of our members so thoughtfully predicted would happen,) or that they haven't merged with Fender. It's a new model, you like it or you don't, but in the end it only affects you if you plan on buying one. Get real here.

Ah, but because the limit the numbers, some geniuses will go out and buy it and then it will sell it.

"AHA," Henry will say to himself whilst playing his own guitar, not a Firebird X. "People really like these. Let's put this **** on every guitar."

It's like a Line 6 amp screwed onto a guitar. The styling is god awful, the headstock looks atrocious (especially on the body) and it looks cheesy.

I won't buy one, and the main reason is that its a gimmick and it was over hyped. Which means that Gibson's focus is now on this instead of building guitars for the other 99% of the buyers of a Gibson product. I hope they take a look at this page and think about why the first posts on this section are a majority of people going "WTF is Gibson on? Because I want some of it"

Gibson would kill itself off completely if they moved to China or merged with Fender. Are you seriously using that as a counter argument?

The Firebird X is less of a guitar, because it is less of a guitar.

Archived