Gibson Brands Forums

Sock puppetry

Riverside

I'm not agreeing with it, but their reward would be comedy, find it funny to screw with people, I am in no way encouraging it, I am simply trying to say why they do it.

I know you're not defending the practice, but this is a question I've struggled with since I was a kid. What the hells so funny about "Screwing" with people. It just damages the Jokers character.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't have "comedy fun" "screwing with people" if they know you're doing it.

The "rhetorical you" might get a charge out of it if the "rhetorical you" thinks no one knows...

Thats the best part of this whole deal... The "smart ones" not being smarter than everyone else.

What if someone was the only member of a forum and they had 20 accounts and just talked to themselves.

That's like the tree falling in the forest and no one is there. It doesn't really matter what kind of sound it makes.

That is also just m*st*rb*ting.

Hey, if I had two accounts I could +1 myself to death! Great idea.

Then again since I have a job and a family and occasionally like to actually play the guitar, that would be pretty stupid. And I have to say anyone who comes to a guitar forum to screw with people really does need to get a life. That said, I am sure such a person exists. Sad but not unbelievable.

So I'm now going to log in to my other account and +1 myself for this insightful post. (BTW I use a PC for that account and a Mac for this one).

Then again since I have a job and a family and occasionally like to actually play the guitar, that would be pretty stupid. And I have to say anyone who comes to a guitar forum to screw with people really does need to get a life. That said, I am sure such a person exists. Sad but not unbelievable.

So I'm now going to log in to my other account and +1 myself for this insightful post. (BTW I use a PC for that account and a Mac for this one).

Hey Surfpup!

Welcome back.

But as some here know, you don't need two accounts to plus yourself... the only thing two accounts gives you is the ability to throw multiple negatives per day.

For some, that's important.

Never did the sock puppet thing, but my two sisters were always doin stuff like that.

And yes we have been killing additional accounts... There are the very few members that do have thier little alter ego accounts, but we burn them...... We have a new IP tool that helps us. [biggrin]

Just one account for me, thanks. I find that just one of me is horribly, unbearably annoying to everyone without having to put up a second one.

By the way, Riverside, are you trying to get folks punished here? Multiple accounts are against the rules--what do you gain by asking people to reveal their breaking of said rules?

And yes we have been killing additional accounts... There are the very few members that do have thier little alter ego accounts, but we burn them...... We have a new IP tool that helps us. [biggrin]

How do you track multiple accounts within the same family? Or is the policy really only one account per IP?

:huh:

there's only one of me and that's a good thing cause I could never remember what the other guy beside me

was talking about all the time and beside that my short term memory is not as Sharp as it use to be!!

and also my short term memory is not as sharp as it use to be!!

How do you track multiple accounts within the same family? Or is the policy really only one account per IP?

:huh:

One account per person....

We can usually tell when the same person is using multiple accounts.... Most have a certain writing / composing signature.... Plus we know who the trouble makers are [biggrin]

Just one account for me, thanks. I find that just one of me is horribly, unbearably annoying to everyone without having to put up a second one.

By the way, Riverside, are you trying to get folks punished here? Multiple accounts are against the rules--what do you gain by asking people to reveal their breaking of said rules?

There are no issues, as long as you're not serving a suspension, and using both accounts.

Surfpup wins the grand prize. [thumbup]

That's partly why they do the sock puppet, a lot of mental masturbation. Also they used the second account to praise their main profile believing that others will think they're hot sh!t on a paper plate. In reality they are a cold booger on a hot griddle. These members are the ones that have a lot of disputes with others and are often suspended for their behavior.

Archived