Gibson Brands Forums

iv'e sold 3 of my 4 guitars...

S t e v e

ok here's the deal, i want a change and i mean a complete change of axes...sold the lp standard, fender usa strat, and ibanez rg770dx...

realy looking forward to shopping for the replacements [biggrin]

out of the four i kept the GM sig...it took me years to get hold of one and was/is by far the best sounding/playing LP iv'e ever played.

the wall looks bare at the moment where they all used to hang...

001.jpg

004.jpg

the first new boy i get will be this, i want a hardtail as it's easier when drop tuning...

xl__rgt6exfxbk.jpg

551908jpg.jpg

serious thinking is needed for the next one [unsure]

ok here's the deal, i want a change and i mean a complete change of axes...sold the lp standard, fender usa strat, and ibanez rg770dx...

realy looking forward to shopping for the replacements [biggrin]

out of the four i kept the GM sig...it took me years to get hold of one and was/is by far the best sounding/playing LP iv'e ever played.

the wall looks bare at the moment where they all used to hang...

001.jpg

004.jpg

the first new boy i get will be this, i want a hardtail as it's easier when drop tuning...

xl__rgt6exfxbk.jpg

551908jpg.jpg

serious thinking is needed for the next one [unsure]

[scared][confused] :unsure:

Have you seen what this guy does to les pauls?

http://www.geminiguitars.com/HPLP.html

Obviously not a suggestion for your GM (in fact he won't do this to any real value Les Paul) but it looks nice and sure would improve playability!

They should pass laws to prevent this! It's kind of like painting graffiti on a old master, or putting a happy face on the Mona Lisa

They should pass laws to prevent this! It's kind of like painting graffiti on a old master, or putting a happy face on the Mona Lisa

No one including him promotes doing this to any kind of vintage or LP that is going to ever have any real value. Face it there's not many (to double clarify this I didn't say none!) LP's made in this day and age that will ever get to the value of the 50's, 60's and some of the 70's LP's. most New LP's are mass produced, machine made and too expensive to begin with. You don't see many of the 80's, 90's, or 2000's LP's going up much in value. 50's les Pauls were innovative, 60's -70's les Pauls are more valued for the mystique of who played them and the music and musicians that made them famous. voodoo, mojo, "magic pick-ups" and finishes as well as limited quantities is what gives those era of LP's value. The only thing they have left to promote any future large value is Artist models and limited runs. So if someone can pick up a studio or custom and have a guitar that has all the attributes they love with the stock les paul and additional functionality that makes them more comfortable to play why not? The guitar might lose a bit of value but not at the rate of truly vintage instruments or special editions then more power to them. I bet it will be in their hands being played more than sitting in a case to show someone what they have every now and then. Face it even the reproduction Shelby GT500 Mustangs will never come close to obtaining the value of a mint 67 Shelby Mustang Fastback or King of the road. Were in the same period with the Les paul as the 80's and 90's vettes. They will never really be worth much so if you have one why not make it what you want it to be? If someone took the time to re-paint the Mona Lisa down to the last detail would it be worth anything especially if they painted them with a computer and made 5,000 copies per week? Not much, so you might as well give her sour puss a sexy smile and a decent rack to stare at [biggrin]

Just my 2 cents

na, i just sold the RG770DX reissue...heart ruled my head with that purchase as i realy needed a hardtail [mellow]

I had the RG550 20th Anni.... the reissues are still nice but imo don't hold up to the originals. I wasn't too impressed with the 770DX I tried out either.

That hardtail looks cool.

Archived