Gibson Brands Forums

Would you trade you're 50's tribute Studio for a traditional les paul???

luis911

Even if I have to put up an extra 500 dollars??? I havent tried playing a traditional yet...From what I've seen in pictures, traditional s have a very nice and shiny finish.

They also have nice shiny '57 classics and tone and sustain for days.

I agree with Matt on this one.

If the current studio feels right in your hands then maybe the extra cash can be well spent on other things including a quality amp.

"Your sound" is a 3 part equation.

Pickups/ Amp/ and your very own personal Mojo = your sound.

In the case "mojo" would be what you personally bring to the instrument. Which to me is most important of all.

Clapton sounds like Clapton even if he's playing a $99 guitar through a megaphone.

With the extra 500 dollars, i don't know. If you like the guitar you have, then keep it. If you want humbuggies, go with the Traditional.

Personally, I love P90s and would probably spend the 500 on a good amp (if you don't already have one) or just put that money towards your next new guitar [thumbup]

binding and 57 classics vs no binding and p90s??

Personally I would keep the later and spend $500 on more music books and/or a different amp

Matt

Agreed.

Sometimes less is more....or at least...just as much. However, as they say, the Eye (and mind) of the Beholder...

Archived