Gibson Brands Forums

Show your other brands!

kaleb

Merry Christmas everybody! Post pics of your other brands. Anything except Gibson OR Epiphone. Show your Fenders, Kramers, PRSs, EBMMs, or anything non-Gibson/Epiphone. Have a great holiday, and make some great LOUD music!

All very nice guitars. Sixty3, is that SRV Strat one of the Brazilian Rosewood models? If so then you got yourself a rare bird. Kenny Wayne Shepherd used one of the Brazilian SRVs on his debut back in 95' before he got his 61. The Destroyer is awesome. Those old Destroyers from the early 80s make me think of Iron Maiden. Did you see the collection of all the Ibanez catalogs? You will have to use Wikipedia to get to that. The Agile is beautiful too!

All very nice guitars. Sixty3, is that SRV Strat one of the Brazilian Rosewood models? If so then you got yourself a rare bird. Kenny Wayne Shepherd used one of the Brazilian SRVs on his debut back in 95' before he got his 61. The Destroyer is awesome. Those old Destroyers from the early 80s make me think of Iron Maiden. Did you see the collection of all the Ibanez catalogs? You will have to use Wikipedia to get to that. The Agile is beautiful too!

Thanks! I'm pretty sure the SRV is not rosewood. It's a Sept. 92 build date and I believe they had switched to Pao ferro by then. I liked the Destroyer after seeing Phil Collen's black one on MTV. I couldn't afford the one he used so I settled on the DT150 in Candy Red. Can't believe I've had it almost 30 years.

Sorry for the terrible quality of my phone-camera...

Aria Pro II SL (Found that guitar for $30 in a great local store, stock Aria pickups were muddy and lifeless so I put an Epiphone PAF in the bridge)

Washburn Mercury Series MG-20 (stock except for a replaced backplate and a WASP sticker)

Epiphone S-3, heavily modded (OK so still Gibson-related, from the first S-3 production run when they still had "Epiphone by Gibson" and the full Gibson logo on the headstock, which they changed to small plain typeface on the truss rod cover the following year. At the rate they're going I wonder if they'll keep reducing the "Epi" name so my grandkids will be buying "Ep" or "E" guitars...Bought in 1986 but only the neck and pickguard are original, it had been lit on fire, thrown through a wall, etc. by a dramatic teenager who, um, shall remain nameless...It now has a Warmoth body, orig Floyd Rose, Pickups are EMG 81/Dimarzio HS2/Dimarzio HS3, 2 volumes & 1 tone active/passive joint wiring)

Jackson Performer Kelly (stock but pretty banged up)

Squier Affinity Strat (stacked hb in bridge, locking Sperzel tuners)

post-6630-025825900 1293481882_thumb.jpg

post-6630-087316100 1293481887_thumb.jpg

2010 Sadowsky Semi-Hollow Caramel Burst:

P1030473.jpg

1968 Guild A-500 (1 of 15 made I believe)

640MEMO0035.jpg

Circa 1985 hand-made strat, Mojotone Convertibles recently added:

MojoConvertibleStratSide.jpg

2010 Partscaster - ebony ftretboard, walnut/maple body. GFS pickups:

Partscasters014.jpg

Circa 2000 MIM Tele (gone, but not forgotten):

MIMtele4.jpg

Cigar Box Guitars:

CBG012.jpg

Don't really have any individual picks of my others, but here's the core of the herd. I've got a couple of Yamaha electrics that are not in this photo.

The Strat is the newest addition to the stable. Am. Std. FSR which I picked up about a month ago. Also in the photo is my Ibanez Artcore and a Washburn Cumberland acoustic.

P1010165.JPG

P1010164.JPG

Here are my 2 brand new Gibson style guitars and one that's been with me a very long time.

Agile AL3100 Honey burst. Triple binding, Ebony board, real MOP inlay work. Sounds so much like my Studio I cant't tell the difference at 1/3 the bucks. Fit and finish is unbelievable. Don't know how Agile does it but glad they do.

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

Yamah SA 2200. 345 class with the sound to match. Best thin line I've ever owned outside my 83 Ibanez AM 205. These Japanese offerings have been the best there is since the 70's. We just can't seem to produce any thing close to the quality of these at any price.

YAMAHA2.jpg

IB2.jpg

was this thread in the lounge or LP forums yesterday?

I must have bumped my head on the way home from work........

i'll play..

you've seen my Agile

My American Deluxe

GarysCam150.jpg

My SX SJM'57 after I installed the GFS Minis

GarysCam147.jpg

My '71 Electra "Tree of Life" SG gone but not forgotten

elecoak1.jpg

Another shot of the Agile

GarysCam100.jpg

Mexi-Tele with Kent Armstrong Hot Noiseless Twinblade bridge p-up, B7 Bigsby & Roller Bridge

GarysCam032.jpg

Washburn D-10 SB, my old workhorse

GarysCam035.jpg

'68 Univox Thinline Deluxe Rosewood (Coily) gone and missed the most

UnivoxCoily.jpg

Current generation Fender Malibu, avoid this piece of junk whatever you do....just say no

GarysCam033.jpg

Archived