Gibson Brands Forums

Have you ever met anyone from the forums here?

Silenced Fred

we can have a poutine party and have some back bacon eh!

OMG! Poutine and pea-meal bacon are two of the greatest foods EVER.

Poutine - French fries with gravy and squeaky cheese curds. Nirvana in a bowl.

Pea-meal Bacon - Cut from the back, not the nasty belly, and packed in pea-meal. Fry a slice, put it on a kaiser roll with some maple mustard, and you will be very happy.

I am meeting someone from the board soon and I promise to take my meds beforehand.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh...I love Canada.

even the homeless here know what its about!

But you have to go to Quebec for the real thing. Sorry, the poutine I have had in Toronto and Vancouver were not up to snuff. Montreal and Quebec City? Très délicieux!

There were some guys from England that used to get together on a fairly regular basis... Flight, Sear, and a few others but I'm not sure if they still do... I have never had the pleasure but then again I am a little out of the way...

Hi Dave

yeah a loads of us have become real life friends thanks to here! In 2009 Roger saw I was playing a concert near where he lived in Bristol - and came along with his family to listen and say hello. After the concert we all met and went for a beer and got along like we had always known each other!

Rog and his wife invited us to a party at his place, where we met Bill, Pippy and Simon (all members here). Anyway Roger and his family moved to Sweden last year; but I am pleased to say my wife and I had some awesome times with them all! Lots of music, drink and laughs! msp_thumbup.gif On our third visit to Roger's we met the crazy Chrisdudemsp_flapper.gif who at the time had just released the album Holy Rage.

Me and Simon have stayed in touch and are only 20 miles from each other. We have enjoyed a couple of jams, drinks etc, but we should meet up more as we are quite near! Here are three of the Motley Crue at a Guitar auction, a year or so back. We all got to play a 1959 Les Paul, which was great (lets just say a little different from the R9's i have played ;) )

phpERHBN2AM.jpg?t=1296080227

But you eat fried butter? Haha. :P

Fried butter is the key to Fred®tone. When you go down and clench your heart, grasp your heart tightly and let out an E chord, it sounds golden [thumbup]

And I am definitely dem00n's front man, but he plays keyboards, he lies about the whole guitar thing

Real cool that some of you have met.

We all come from different walks of life and varying abilities but share a common passion. And no, it isn't poutine. Although if you haven't tried it, do so if you get a chance.

Evol: I've lived in the province of Quebec or very near the border all my life. I've had poutine in many places including Montreal, Quebec city and quite a few mom and pop shops or roadside stands in between. They are not all created equal. I've seen it with cheese whiz (gag, hack) at hockey games and county fairs.

Ya gotta start with really good fries, spread some white cheddar cheese curds among them and then on top and pour on a hearty beef gravy. The cheese has to be just partially melted, holding some texture.

Like you said...Nirvana.

I actually had one of the best ever last Friday night and it came from a roadside vendor about 200 yards from my laneway.

Maybe we should have a favourite food thread and leave this one alone.

Sorry for any hijacking.

Dave

...And I am definitely dem00n's front man, but he plays keyboards, he lies about the whole guitar thing

Actually (or is it "acutal"?), I think dem00n started on keyboards. His first job was as the only guy in an otherwise all-girl band. By the end of the first month, they had worn his organ out.

That's when he switched to guitar.

Actually (or is it "acutal"?), I think dem00n started on keyboards. His first job was as the only guy in an otherwise all-girl band. By the end of the first month, they had worn his organ out.

That's when he switched to guitar.

That Band was called " The White Keys "............

A little known fact......dem00n used EMGs on all of his keyboards..........:unsure: ................#-o ...

I have not met anyone on this forum.

I did attend a show where a member of another forum was playing with his band, In the forum we had exchanged posts and talked about local things.

At his gig I introduced myself, I had not told him I was going and boy wasn't he weirded out.

It was very, very awkward despite the fact that I approached him and greeted him in a proper way.

I left when the show ended without saying goodbye,

It was a great show but I felt like of of those times when you tap somebody very lightly on the shoulder and they jump and get heart palpitations.

Archived