Gibson Brands Forums

47 Years ago, tonight! Rock & Roll was changed, forever!

charlie brown

We were watching, as I recall at the insistence of my mom, who wanted to see what this Beatles thing was all about. Afterward, I think she felt she'd seen all she needed to, but was unaware of her role in starting me down a path that began with sneaking the transistor radio to bed and inevitably moved on to getting that first guitar, buying too many records, going to too many shows and rock becoming one of the most important things in my life. All these years later I'm still buying too many records, going to as many shows as I can, playing guitar as much as I can and rock is no less important to me. I really should thank her.

I was at my Gram's house with rest of my family watching history. I was two days short of my 4th birthday.

I remember my 3 older girl cousins laying on the floor in front of the TV screaming at their fav Beatle. I also remember thinking that Paul and George were the 2 main guys because the camera seemed to catch them together harmonizing alot.

That and the fact that Johns vocal mic went out couple minutes into the first song. It's really noticeable on She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand. No John/ Paul harmonies.

Couple of days later the old man came home with Meet The Beatles. Played that record non stop! It was the first time I could remember the adults talking about something other than the death of Kennedy.

it's funny, i just watch Hard Day's Night again the other day... so i actually GOT that one! :)

My wife, kids and I quote lines from Help and HDN all the time.

My favorite one is when they're hiding out at Scottland Yard and the inspector does his Ringo impression saying he does a rather good Jimmy Cagney.

He does a thick liverpool accent "This is the famous Ringo, fab, gear."

And George says deadpan, "Doesn't sound a bit like Cagney."laugh.gif

here it is if at the 6:30 mark of this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucNbtCtfgfo

My wife, kids and I quote lines from Help and HDN all the time.

My favorite one is when they're hiding out at Scottland Yard and the inspector does his Ringo impression saying he does a rather good Jimmy Cagney.

He does a thick liverpool accent "This is the famous Ringo, fab, gear."

And George says deadpan, "Doesn't sound a bit like Cagney."laugh.gif

here it is if at the 6:30 mark of this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucNbtCtfgfo

"A fiendish thingy!"

And, can you imagine how cold Mal Evens, must have been, doing that "Excuse me, White Cliffs of Dover," shot, over and over??! [scared]

CB

Archived