Gibson Brands Forums

Live from New York!

Artie Owl

Who here is an SNL fan?

Who is your favourite SNL cast member, past present alive or dead.

Do you have a favourite skit, and or do you have a most hated skit.

I'd have to say Adam Sandler was my favourite cast member if I had to pick just one. Although right now my favourite skit on SNL is What's Up with That with Kenan Thompson.

Favourite skit of all time though is definitley Celebrity Jeopardy.

I had the honor of meeting most of the original cast while in NYC back in the spring of 77. Somewhere at my mom house I've got pics with Bill Murray, Gilda Radner, and John Belushi. Funniest thing was Garrett Morris ran past us and wouldn't stop for a photo. Not that anyone wanted a pic with him anyway.lol

Fav skit

Alec Baldwin and his Shweaty Balls.msp_lol.gif

+1

I also thought Lohans Disney skit was great when nobody could keep a straight face.

Tim Meadows was in a Def Jam Magician Show skit where he was cussing like a sailor

and they were just bleeping it, but you could tell what they were saying.

I've been watching SNL for so long, I could never pick one favorite cast member or sketch.

One of my favorites from the original days was Theodoric of York, Medieval Judge.

Lately, my favorite sketch has also been What's Up With That.

The first few years with Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, John Belushi, Bill Murray, Jane Curtain Laraine Newmwn and Garret Morris

I always Loved Chase in the Weekend update skit a true classic - but my all time favorite skit was John Belushi doing a Joe Cocker parody. funny the show I remember as the all time best had almost no comedy in it it was the second or maybe third show with Simon and Garfunkel as guest it was mostly music with only a few skits but after that I was hooked, It stayed great for a few years with Chris Farley or Steve Martin doing his wild and crazy guys or the father Guido Sarducci and others - but then it started getting weird or maybe i just got old but for the last decade or so I don't think it's funny at all. I rarely if ever even watch it unless a musical guest I want to see is on. As for the skits, I just don't see the humor anymore. It's just stupid most of the time, I can remember watching Chris Katain doing his Peepers and Kiwi skits and thinking what the hell is wrong with people now days this isn't funny.

For those of you that are in college now or just finishing High school watch Father Guido Sarducci and his five minute college it could save you a lot of money. I think this skit is what started the University of Phoenix [biggrin]

Archived