Gibson Brands Forums

Songs that...

Shnate McDuanus

I get this feeling when I listen to some songs...

I can only adequately describe this feeling as "eargasm."

What induces eargasm for the Gibson Forum?

OBTW...I'm back, I guess.

You did not just post an MBV song. Thought I was the only freak that loves that album. And when I say love, I mean Loveless is one of my top three all time favorite albums along with The VU and Nico and Sonic Youth's Sister.

You did not just post an MBV song. Thought I was the only freak that loves that album. And when I say love, I mean Loveless is one of my top three all time favorite albums along with The VU and Nico and Sonic Youth's Sister.

Guess I'm not the square you thought I was.

I also have a profound love of Pavement.

The are so many, I could never narrow it down to one. How about Bach's Brandenburg Concerto #3 in G Major to start?

Oh no, I definitely wasn't asking you to narrow it down to one. If you feel like sharing, share--at least, that's what I say.

For reference (for the sake of the other posters, I guess,) here's the first movement, and it's a splendid piece:

This song is one of many, many that do it for me.

The intensity of the feeling of movement of the second verse really gets to me for some reason. The bassline, wah guitars, voice, and orchestration of this song I find unbelieveably beautiful. Except the voice is a little too loud in the mix in the intro, imho.

Enjoy:

The glorious bass riff that opens it, the wild rhythm tone, Alex Skolnick's spot-on solo...thrash metal bliss.

I got to see Testament last year or the year before on their damnation vacation tour. They STILL sound awesome. Skolinick STILL nails every solo perfect. Contrast that with listening to One of my other heavily listened to bands and Slayer was a train wreck last time I heard them live.

Testament has so many good songs (to my ears) that it's really tough to pick one as a response. Trial by Fire, The Ballad, Apocalyptic City, Musical Death, One Man's Fate, I dunno, so many good ones.

There's just so much good music out there. Sometimes, the lyrics are enough to make a song worthwhile for me (not that there's anything wrong with the music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP4K8A5tmwU

And sometimes, I don't need any lyrics at all. (I actually caught myself humming this over some Sepultura playing in the background on the drive in to work one morning.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v50XkRrp5x8

But honestly, I bought some nice Grado headphones a while back to replace a modern Pioneer DJ set and to give a vintage 60's Sennheiser set a break and everything sounds incredible again. It's like hearing music for the first time.

This song is one of many, many that do it for me.

The intensity of the feeling of movement of the second verse really gets to me for some reason. The bassline, wah guitars, voice, and orchestration of this song I find unbelieveably beautiful. Except the voice is a little too loud in the mix in the intro, imho.

Enjoy:

Outstanding. And, of course, it features on the soundtrack of, IMO, Tarantino's finest - Jackie Brown.

I get this feeling when I listen to some songs...

I can only adequately describe this feeling as "eargasm."

What induces eargasm for the Gibson Forum?

OBTW...I'm back, I guess.

Great track! Gotta check out more of their stuff.

And Pavement is the bees pajamas!

I don't pay much attention to the whole Fibonacci Sequence thing, though the band themselves acknowledged the song's time signature being the 16th step of the FS before the album was released. Regardless, I think this is their best effort on an album, period. To me, this song is the band at it's peak; where everthing came together for them.

It's my favorite of theirs, and in my opinion, the band's collective favorite too. A bit long, but worth the wait. The climax at the end is incredible (about 6:45 to the end).

Archived